- 11-28-2012, 05:46 PM #1
i've tried it on 3 different galaxy 3s and it doesn't seem to work. i tried it on a random strangers 920 and it worked fine.
is tap to send company specific? are we only able to tap each other? i want to tap other phones too.
- 11-28-2012, 05:55 PM #3
i tried music and photos. the thing is, when i tap the s3, it response to the tap but the item cant be located and it show up as broken codes like "!@#$%^&" (just an example).
the random stranger i tapped; i tapped him a pic of me and it worked.
- 11-28-2012, 06:29 PM #8
Could be android specific, someone tested a Samsung Windows 8 tablet and a 920 and it worked but an s3 failed. I'll post the link in a bit.
Here's the link, . Possibly android devices need to be paired beforehand but from this and with my test sending a music file to an Asus Vivo tab I think its not an issue on the 920's side.
Last edited by theefman; 11-28-2012 at 08:13 PM.
11-28-2012, 07:05 PM #11
- 44 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
That would be because Tap to Send uses bluetooth to send binary data.
NFC is really quite slow (424 Kilobit/second, so 53 kilobytes/second) so in order to transfer pictures or songs, NFC negotiates a bluetooth connection that the data is then sent through. URLs and simple text are small enough to be sent over NFC directly and is thus cross platform. The NFC bluetooth negotiation is WP8 only.
- By DaveGx in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 5Last Post: 11-20-2012, 02:43 PM
- By andrelamont in forum Upcoming & Rumored Windows PhonesReplies: 7Last Post: 10-02-2012, 03:11 PM
- By mattmagoo in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 1Last Post: 06-13-2012, 04:25 PM
- By Thuoudo in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 12Last Post: 03-31-2012, 06:29 PM
- By jhousden9 in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 02-10-2012, 07:19 PM