Dust under the front camera lumia 920

DAIMONDY

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I think i caused some dust to go into the ffc. There was dust in the earpiece so i blew it and some specs appeared by the ffc.

If this is the case at least its fairly straightforward to get the dust out, spray air into the earpiece.

An unfortunate design flaw on a amazing phone!

rdifiori

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I realize that nothing is perfect and that today's devices are enormously complicated, but I think this is something that could have and should have been easily avoided by Nokia.

It doesn't take an engineer to see the seal area above the FFC and proximity sensor is very thin. Knowing this, the manufacturing process should have had some control points to help prevent poor sealing there, or the design should have been different (e.g., the FFC positioned a little lower, like on the 900 or 8x).

This caused me to dump my 920, which was otherwise an absolutely incredible device.

barracuda1187

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
The problem with "removing" dust by blowing compressed air into the earpiece or rear camera, etc, is that you're not actually removing the dust. If anything, you're just moving what's already there, and blowing MORE in via the route the original dust got through in the first place.

Kuturgan

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
My solution of the dust-gate ;)
So if we are able to identify the reason of the problem then we can do find the solution.
We know that the dust comes from 3.5 jack socket. Then just put the 3.5 jack stopper into the jack socket and that's it. No any dust in you phone!
You can find it on ebay.

majortom1981

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No we don't. in most situations the dust is coming in from where the screen meets the case. The only way I have stopped more dust from coming in is by putting my phone in a case. A simple headphone blocker wont help.

U_SAF

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Guys, I had the same dusting issue plus scratches on the screen. Nokia Care are well aware of this issue and once I utter "dust" ... they haven't asked me any question took my device for cleaning and fixing.. they said they will remove the dust and will fix it for future preventation but can not promise for the scratches... i had an argument with them how a screen get scratches which survied Knife, Hammer & Drop test with no scratch on Gorrila (refer to youtbue video), however they were reluctant to admit that and promised that they will see if they can fix it within warranty.

Yesterday received an SMS from Nokia Care that mobile is ready, today I will collect it and will put an update how did they handle this just 2 WEEKS old device. Also, I will keep observing if the dust enter into FCC camera again or Lumia is sealed properly.

I also suggest you guys having this issue to contact Nokia Care..this is their Flagship VIP device and they are treating it well....like to me they said it will take 3 days to return my phone but within a day they fixed it.

U_SAF

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
in my part of the world (MENA)...I didn't ask them to replace the phone but they happily told that they will fix the dusting issue.

mythra

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Ha, it might work but it makes the phone look fugly. Not worth compromising that way. Nokia just needs to do a better job of manufacturing and QA'ing.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss