I need help. Cyan or Red?

99change

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Ever since the beginning of November I have been racking my brain trying to decide between matte cyan and glossy red. I think I want cyan even though red is my favorite color because of the finish...I just love how it feels in my hand. But I'm afraid of how the matte finish will wear over time. Can anybody help me make this decision?! Please?
#FirstWorldProblems =)

diegosalinas

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I got the red. But, it is more of a brighter shade of red versus a deep dark shade. It really pops as a result. I think in the end if you want more subtle, cyan is the better choice.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
My matte cyan Lumia 900 doesn't have a single scratch after heavy abuse. But if I were you, I'd go with yellow.

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I would also go with the yellow, but if I were to pick between red and cyan, I would go with red. Cyan just isn't appealing to me (I prefer a darker shade of blue) and the glossy finish of the red makes it easier to grip!

thejoyofsobe

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
i found myself with the same choice. saw the cyan of the 900 and though it was too saturated and bought the red with only online images to go off of. it's a beautiful phone, i'm very happy with my choice and wouldn't consider switching to any color other than grey if it ever showed up in the US. that being said it if you're OCD about fingerprints on the back of the phone then this one is not for you.

99change

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I would go with the cyan because for me o don't like the glossy fell for the phone I like the matte

That's how I'm leaning but I'm afraid the matte might become shiny with wear. Then I'd have the worst of both...

Does anyone know if this is the case? Or do they both wear in a similar fashion?

humdinger

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Red 100%. I had the Cyan 900 and while it was an awesome device, red is also my favorite color and the glossiness is sexy as ****. That said, both finishes are going to scratch.

My 900 had a few scratches after I abused it (seriously, I would smack the phone quite a bit when I was experiencing capacitive button issues) and I've noticed a few minor scratches (only surface) on my 920 already. The scratches on the glossy are hard to tell unless you look for them because of the reflection. With the matte it's slightly easier to tell.

smackbo

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I really wanted a cyan, for what it's worth. I was impatient and now am the owner of a black 920.

I originally ordered the black one too but its on backorder for over 3 weeks .. so I said screw it and got the red one .. red is sexy as **** and noone else has a red phone so its really unique

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I originally ordered the black one too but its on backorder for over 3 weeks .. so I said screw it and got the red one .. red is sexy as **** and noone else has a red phone so its really unique
I wanted yellow and i went to the store the day after the release and they didn't have. I haven't seen one in person. Mines is black. I had two options when i went; black or white.

vingengo

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I had the black matte at first BUT it was slippery. I knew I had to exchange for a glossy color. They only have white and red at the store. I chose red to be different.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss