Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Ever since the beginning of November I have been racking my brain trying to decide between matte cyan and glossy red. I think I want cyan even though red is my favorite color because of the finish...I just love how it feels in my hand. But I'm afraid of how the matte finish will wear over time. Can anybody help me make this decision?! Please?
    #FirstWorldProblems =)

Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    Red.

You're welcome.

1 vote for cyan

100% red, it is beautiful.

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I got the red. But, it is more of a brighter shade of red versus a deep dark shade. It really pops as a result. I think in the end if you want more subtle, cyan is the better choice.

Global Posts
    597 Global Posts
    My matte cyan Lumia 900 doesn't have a single scratch after heavy abuse. But if I were you, I'd go with yellow.
    MDak280 likes this.

Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    I would also go with the yellow, but if I were to pick between red and cyan, I would go with red. Cyan just isn't appealing to me (I prefer a darker shade of blue) and the glossy finish of the red makes it easier to grip!

Global Posts
    1,061 Global Posts
    I have red, my wife has cyan. We each have our preferences.

I would go with the cyan because for me o don't like the glossy fell for the phone I like the matte

i found myself with the same choice. saw the cyan of the 900 and though it was too saturated and bought the red with only online images to go off of. it's a beautiful phone, i'm very happy with my choice and wouldn't consider switching to any color other than grey if it ever showed up in the US. that being said it if you're OCD about fingerprints on the back of the phone then this one is not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by pippyo03 View Post
    I would go with the cyan because for me o don't like the glossy fell for the phone I like the matte
    That's how I'm leaning but I'm afraid the matte might become shiny with wear. Then I'd have the worst of both...

Does anyone know if this is the case? Or do they both wear in a similar fashion?

I would say get the red one .I heard the matter finish starts to scrape off .

Quote Originally Posted by smackbo View Post
    I would say get the red one .I heard the matter finish starts to scrape off .
    I meant matte finish

Red 100%. I had the Cyan 900 and while it was an awesome device, red is also my favorite color and the glossiness is sexy as ****. That said, both finishes are going to scratch.

My 900 had a few scratches after I abused it (seriously, I would smack the phone quite a bit when I was experiencing capacitive button issues) and I've noticed a few minor scratches (only surface) on my 920 already. The scratches on the glossy are hard to tell unless you look for them because of the reflection. With the matte it's slightly easier to tell.

Global Posts
    1,183 Global Posts
    I really wanted a cyan, for what it's worth. I was impatient and now am the owner of a black 920.
    Cyan because is matte, but in the end is a matter of preference. Everyone here has a different experience and result with their phone.

Quote Originally Posted by jmshub View Post
    I really wanted a cyan, for what it's worth. I was impatient and now am the owner of a black 920.
    I originally ordered the black one too but its on backorder for over 3 weeks .. so I said screw it and got the red one .. red is sexy as **** and noone else has a red phone so its really unique
    Quote Originally Posted by smackbo View Post
    I originally ordered the black one too but its on backorder for over 3 weeks .. so I said screw it and got the red one .. red is sexy as **** and noone else has a red phone so its really unique
    I wanted yellow and i went to the store the day after the release and they didn't have. I haven't seen one in person. Mines is black. I had two options when i went; black or white.

I had the black matte at first BUT it was slippery. I knew I had to exchange for a glossy color. They only have white and red at the store. I chose red to be different.

I just backordered a Cyan Nokia Lumia 920. Have a feeling I might be returning if for the red lol.

Smackbo is so so right. The red one causes a stir everytime I bring it out, and its really really sexy in the hand.

I got cyan. I think its very nice. The main reason was because it was a matte finish and didn't want boring black. The white, yellow, and red are gloss. If the red was matte then I would of definitely went with that color. Red looks amazing and so does blue. Just depends if your picky about the finish of the phone.

Red

Both are gorgeous; I went with yellow. :-D

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Black or white..just to go against the grain, I'll tell you why.

Either one of those colors gives you the most option when it comes to picking a theme for your phone. Your options are limited when you want the borders of your phone to have some consistency with the theme of your phone. I thought I wanted the red when I saw it in store but after trying to pick a theme I just couldn't do it. Picked the white and I have no regrets, I can rock and theme and it looks fantastic, currently with mauve.
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast