Ramdom battery drain is getting annoying!

Pete C

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
If you feel your phone getting hot just reboot it. I don't think there is anything more we can do until a software or firmware update fixes the issue. Last 2 days my phone was at 40% by late afternoon, but today it is not dropping at all.

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
People with battery drain problem...is there anyone who does NOT have LTE in your area? My wife had drain issue couple times and both were when she was at a location where LTE was unusually weak. I would be curious if turning off LTE helps.

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
The lte issue may have some merit. Took a trip and 920 would display "4G" instead of lte like it does in my home area. And the random drain was bad. Picked phone up multiple times and it was off after 2-4 hrs off charger. Also didn't have access to data from multiple apps. IE worked but it was weird. It pulled up random sites that I have never visited. I know Midland, TX has "3G" at minimum. I plan on calling ATT to ask a few questions. Over Thanksgiving I was in an "Edge" area and I did not have any problems what so ever. If course data didn't work, but battery lasted all day and no random drain. And I was on WiFi most of the time. I'm beginning to wonder if the phone is performing all sorts of tasks in background it shouldn't be or hanging up. I'm still completely confused. Is it a hardware problem, OS problem or Service problem. Whatever it is, it is wearing very thin at this point. Beta test over my a$$.
And Xbox music wouldn't play anything. My music, downloaded music or streaming. Whatever "4G" was wouldn't work for much of anything. Is this phone completely useless without ATT lte or WiFi?

Last edited:

asmith02

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I have been on holidays for a few weeks so switched off my exchange email service (that was set to download emails 'as they arrive') and was ending the day with up to 70% battery life.

I switched my emails back on today and barely made it home with less than 10% battery life.

I have switched it to check every 15 minutes instead so will see whether this makes a difference tomorrow.

I have come from an iphone 4 with was also set to download exchange emails immediately so it is more than a little frustrating to have these issues on a MS product.

Jari P

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have been on holidays for a few weeks so switched off my exchange email service (that was set to download emails 'as they arrive') and was ending the day with up to 70% battery life.

I switched my emails back on today and barely made it home with less than 10% battery life.

I have switched it to check every 15 minutes instead so will see whether this makes a difference tomorrow.

I have come from an iphone 4 with was also set to download exchange emails immediately so it is more than a little frustrating to have these issues on a MS product.

This one makes sense ... I have not any battery drain problem - I am not using exchange for e-mail accounts, but I am using Nokia Music often and I have Nokia Drive beta+ with enabled background task, so it is hard for me to believe that they are causing any serious battery drains ...

Jari P

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tried this? It says that the GPS is the culprit. Can anyone verify this?
Nokia Lumia 920 Review | Ubergizmo

Read the section that says "Battery life (excellent, but shut down that GPS!!!)"

This is certainly a point to check by just turning off location, as almost all apps want use location service, but usually just for a short moment ... if GPS is in use often, then you should see a GPS ball symbol often in an up row ...

lennyk1313

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
It does happen to me once in a while. Phone get warm and I look at my battery percentage, and then 5-10 min later again and there it is. Battery drains another 5-10%. The only way I can fix it is to turn it off and back on. No other apps would be running on the background.

asmith02

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

Today with exchange sync set to 15 minutes was noticeably better (ended up the day around 25%)

loukkis

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes I do but equally this is set to 15 minute sync

Sitting here now at 3pm in the afternoon with 72% battery (23 hours remaining).
Someone suggested in another thread, that removing google account completely helped on the battery issue. You can try to forward your mail from gmail to outlook.com account and put sync only to that account from your phone. I have not had any battery issues myself, but i never had any gmail accounts set.

x0zerocool0x

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi, both my wife and I also have a Lumia 920 and we have both been experiencing horrible battery draining issues as well as a hot phone. I did not have these issues in the beginning but then it started and became more frequent. I finally connected some dots and realized that the times my phone would do that would be when I am checking my email more frequently. So I started using the back button to close out of my email accounts after checking them and boom, problem gone. I firmly believe that this issue or at least part of it can be blamed on the email app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro