Can anyone confirm if the outer shell is replaceable?

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I know it was possible for some other Lumia (don't remember which one) but if its possible for the 920 I'll great the black one now instead of waiting for the yellow one which my carrier might not even ever get.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
The "shell" is the entire phone, so no. Not unless you want to remove every last component carefully and then reassemble them inside a new shell.

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
There was another phone which had the shell screwed on and while it officially didn't support other shells people managed to do it. That's what i was asking about.

tofu.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm not aware of any phone that can't be opened up and swapped around. How do you think the service centers fix them? magic gnomes phone gnomes that enter through the USB port?

yes, even the lumia 900 can be opened (quite easily if you visit youtube), and so can the 800

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Well I agree that its not practical but I will only be doing it once so it might be worth the effort.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
as I said before in the other thread, you CAN replace the shell but you have to be extremely careful. You can't just replace it sitting in your car, you need a clean table and tools, because as above video suggests, you will need to take apart the entire phone. It's not hard if you know what you are doing. If you've never replaced a screen on any of your phones, don't even try to replace a shell.

By replacing the shell, you will automatically void your warranty.

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Sigh I'll have to wait for the yellow one then which I don't even know if it will be getting released by my carrier at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077