Lack of apps

mikeew83

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
So I love this phone however the lack of apps is really starting to take its toll such games as found on both android and iPhone like word trick and others working proper versions of words with friends and draw something. I hate to say it but me and the wife are considering returning the 920 and going back to Droid. I personally love everything about this phone except the lack of apps and poor development of the ones that do exist

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
So I love this phone however the lack of apps is really starting to take its toll such games as found on both android and iPhone like word trick and others working proper versions of words with friends and draw something. I hate to say it but me and the wife are considering returning the 920 and going back to Droid. I personally love everything about this phone except the lack of apps and poor development of the ones that do exist

Does your life revolve around a few word games? I'm not trying to be mean but it sounds like you are a working professional that spends at least 8 hours a day at work, why would a word game be a deal breaker? I don't understand why everyone is complaining about the lack of apps cuz for me, I have pretty much all the apps that I want/need. All the essential apps are there, everything else may take time.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Mike, if you can find a little patience to stick with Windows Phone, you're likely to see a huge influx of new and better apps this year. If you enjoy the OS in general, hang out for a little while and see what's in store. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Congrats, you have created the 1 millionth post on the lack of apps. Don Pardo please tell him what he's won.

mikeew83

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Actually I'm so to speak self employeed has nothing to do with a overall lack of very popular games and apps that every other OS has. And to start of by saying something rude like does my life revolve around certain apps no but I do enjoy solid development

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It does seem, in many cases, as if people are more about a certain app or selection of apps than they are about the overall experience of the device. I'm about the overall experience of the device, so I have a hard time grokking the "I have to have <insert app here> or I can't use <insert OS here>" mindset. Not that there's anything wrong with it, it's just different... and that's where posts like abhishek8605's post comes from, I think.

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Maybe there should be a separate section for people to complain about a lack of games. When I think of apps, I imagine something useful, not diversions.

Janitor88

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
It does seem, in many cases, as if people are more about a certain app or selection of apps than they are about the overall experience of the device. I'm about the overall experience of the device, so I have a hard time grokking the "I have to have <insert app here> or I can't use <insert OS here>" mindset. Not that there's anything wrong with it, it's just different... and that's where posts like abhishek8605's post comes from, I think.

Yeah I'm about overall usability. The app details don't (won't) bother me.

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Actually I'm so to speak self employeed has nothing to do with a overall lack of very popular games and apps that every other OS has. And to start of by saying something rude like does my life revolve around certain apps no but I do enjoy solid development

I apologize if it did sound rude but what I meant was are a few games really that important that it would make you switch? My post was coming from what iamtim said, when I want to choose a smartphone I would look at the bigger picture rather than just a few apps.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
If people get used to certain types of apps or games, then the lack of it on WP is a valid concern. Let's not jump on them for expressing it.

With that said, WP has a stellar development environment. It now supports some of the top mobile game engines, and apps developed for Windows RT can be ported over to WP8 with minimal effort. Many many many more apps are coming. I can say this with a certain level of certainty.

For now, if you enjoy word games, try taking big_slim750's recommendation. Try Wordament. It's an XBOX Live enabled game that is exclusive to Windows Phone and Windows RT. It's really fun. My wife kicks my butt on it all the time.

moegumby

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I just switched over to Windows phone 8, love the OS, Games and Apps will come, Microsoft is throwing big money at the platform and sales look promising so far. Words with friends works fine on my 8x and runs just as good as on my Iphone. I plan on giving this platform a chance and see what comes. Better a few quality apps then thousands of junk apps.
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills