Camera dead pixels?

un hombre

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

I do not know how to word this, but I made a couple of pictures in complete darkness. What I found every time is that in the same sections on the pictures, there are some blue and white dots, in different, dark pictures every time.

At first I thought those are dead screen pixels, but those are not, because those do not appear on complete dark background like wallpaper.

Has anyone noticed something like that?

I am attaching a full size picture, have a look at it on a very bright screen with low room light.

Here is the picture: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=BFC945D85A86B14A!224&authkey=!AA-PoG0kPXvJwAQ

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

I do not know how to word this, but I made a couple of pictures in complete darkness. What I found every time is that in the same sections on the pictures, there are some blue and white dots, in different, dark pictures every time.

At first I thought those are dead screen pixels, but those are not, because those do not appear on complete dark background like wallpaper.

Has anyone noticed something like that?

I am attaching a full size picture, have a look at it on a very bright screen with low room light.

I attach

This is not uncommon with small sensors (and well, actually, any photo sensor). Realize they are dealing with millions of pixels. Some will be be stuck, or hot, or dead.

un hombre

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
My God, I have just viewed the picture in 100% size, it looks like galaxy of stars... There is literally hundreds, and what is worse, there are 1-2 groups of blue pixels stuck together, which are quite visible... Any advice? Should I accept it as it is or try to go with this to Nokia?

I have just double checked the camera on my Galaxy S II, which is also 8 megapixels. It has NO stuck/dead pixels!!!

Looks like Nokia quality issues to me...

zmqlumia900

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
No it is not phone quality issue I think. Your Galaxy phone does not have them may because it lacks the optical stabilization system to extend the exposure time.

Do you leave it as it is, or is there a way to un-stuck it?

Is this something that would be handled by the warranty?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire