Did your battery life change after the last update?

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
It seems my battery is a lot better now. Before the update, my battery would drain in half a day. Now my phone was off the charger for 7 hours, and it's still at 87% with medium usage (push email, and 5 apps running in the background).

leebaboon

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Why oh why can Nokia not give us a change log with all of these updates, would be nice to have a rough idea of what these updates are actually doing.

tsrblke

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
FWIW, I was getting OK battery life.
Then it went downhill after the update. It wasn't until today that I realized when I set up rooms I was automatically signed into MSN messager, which I think is sapping my batter life.

h2dk

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I did a complete drain two days ago after getting OK battery life (12-15 hours per day). I drained it, let it sit, powered it back on and drained it again. I then put it on the charging pad overnight. Currently I am at 40 hours with 19 percent left. Definitely not a heavy user, but no different then what I had been doing last week.

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well I updated yesterday morning before I pulled my phone off the charger. My phone was almost dead 5 hours later. I just switched to night shift so I pulled my phone off the charger at 11 PM Arizona time so we'll see if it is any better this time.

pjeung

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I've all the updates. I turned off the battery app which I believe was the issue for me.
with battery app on - 8hrs(in car not plugged while I'm at work) = totally dead phone
with battery app off - 8hrs = 10% drain, around 90% battery when I get back to the car.

same thing for me

ImAdrian23

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Almost two hours off the charger with nothing but web browsing and I am at 57%. Really not happy now.
I feel your brother :/

I got my phone on the 23rd of November and didn't update it so far. I went to Settings -> Check for updates and it said that my phone is up to date. So my question to you is... what update are you talking about?

tsrblke

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
What are you running? I've been 5-6 hours off charger (after the update) with some light webbrowsing, fiddling with the lock screen settings and a brief (less than 30 second) phone call and I'm at 95% (in fact mere moments ago battery saver insisted I had 8 days of charge left!)
For me my sucky battery life (yesterday I had perhaps a slight but more usage and was at 60% after 4 hours) was definitely a factor of MSN messanger. Signed off and all is well now.

Ammar Alhebshi

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I feel that it is worse. When i connect the phone to the car's bluetooth for music, the battery drain so fast that even if I plugged the phone to charge it will still drain !!

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I got 2 days 3 hours from my last charge. It has been steadily improving each time. I cant think it will get much better to be honest.

zigzagr63

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I have had pretty good battery life the entire time with my phone. I have noticed it got a bit better after about one week of use and charging. I work 13 hour shifts and use my phone regularly through out the day and I get home with 40-60% battery life still so I am very pleased.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Not sure. Only time I had short battery life was the first day or two when I had everything turned on and was playing with the phone constantly. Ever since I got ride of ND and turned a few things off, its been fine. Though I did notice that today my battery life seemed unusually good. I used the phone today at work, had battery saver off all day and still had 80+% at the end of the day, then I've been on the phone with 4 different people tonight, about 2.5 hours total talk time, plus surfing this forum and reddit for the last hour and my battery is still at 48% and the phone hadn't seen a charger in 14 hours. I'd call that pretty damn good. I doubt my 900 would've even had 48% left after all that.

azasadny

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I plugged the phone into my USB charger, hooked to my PC and it's gone up 10% in 1.5 hours. That sure seems to be a slow charge...At this rate, it will take 9 hours to fully charge.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintchip