Did your battery life change after the last update?

azasadny

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! For some reason, location services were turned on again, so I turned them off. I can't select "3G only"...We'll see if this works... Thanks again!

devilgunman

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Mine has gotten a lot worse after update. Before it can last more than a day but now it barely lasts 5 hours. I used to run all kind of apps in the background with no problem but now even without background apps the battery is still terrible. Anther thing I notice is that before it took 4 hours to fully charge my phone on a charging pad but now it takes only about 2 hours.

Thryon

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure what happened to my phone, but I will tell you my story. So stay a while and listen.

Since I got my Lumia 920, I got great battery life. On average I could get by 1.5 days between charges with moderate use. Last Friday, I used my phone at 1:13PM and the battery indicated around 90% charged. I returned to work and when it was time to leave, 4:35PM, I saw my phone was powered down. I figured it rebooted. Never happened before, but I know these things do occur. I tried to power-up, but the battery was drained. I figured I must have left an app on. I got home, placed my Lumia on its wireless charging stand and did not touch it till Saturday morning.

Now this is what is freaky. I am still using the phone on that charge. In fact my phone indicates that the time since last charge was 3 days and 16 hours and there is 30% left. The phone has been on the entirety of the time and usage has remained constant during this period. Not heavy (little gaming), but plenty of text, Twitter, IE, Maps, etc....

I am letting it go. I want to know how much longer I can expect this charge to last.

azasadny

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Videos would not play unless they were taken with the camera, so I did a hard reset. Now to load my videos on it and try again...

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure what happened to my phone, but I will tell you my story. So stay a while and listen.

Since I got my Lumia 920, I got great battery life. On average I could get by 1.5 days between charges with moderate use. Last Friday, I used my phone at 1:13PM and the battery indicated around 90% charged. I returned to work and when it was time to leave, 4:35PM, I saw my phone was powered down. I figured it rebooted. Never happened before, but I know these things do occur. I tried to power-up, but the battery was drained. I figured I must have left an app on. I got home, placed my Lumia on its wireless charging stand and did not touch it till Saturday morning.

Now this is what is freaky. I am still using the phone on that charge. In fact my phone indicates that the time since last charge was 3 days and 16 hours and there is 30% left. The phone has been on the entirety of the time and usage has remained constant during this period. Not heavy (little gaming), but plenty of text, Twitter, IE, Maps, etc....

I am letting it go. I want to know how much longer I can expect this charge to last.

The ****? 0.0 That's freaky

Davidkoh

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, you basically did a calibration by running it flat and then charging it to full. Should be done on any tech unit you get.

lightnin2211

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I think it's a problem with one of the radios (WiFi or GPS, not sure which at this point) not turning off correctly. I suspect this because I had turned on location, turned it off before charging it up through the night. Once I took it off the charger, I was down to about 60% after 3 hours with absolutely no use. I powered the phone down and switched it back up again, and was able to go for about 12 hours easily with about 40% of the remaining charge. What I started doing after that experience was, once I take it off the charger, I restart the phone (not a soft reset, just a regular power down and up). This has been an annoyance, but it has been working rather well for me. I'm down to 22% after around 15 hours. I had about an hour and a quarter of phone calls, regular whatsapps and browsing, email accounts synced every 15 minutes, with LTE and WiFi (search for networks turned off) on throughout. I've reduced my facebook and people tile to the small size so they don't update. I've found that the battery life isn't as good as my previous iPhone 4, but with this annoying work around, I'm relatively happy. I would still be wary of heading for a late night out without giving it some juice though. I would definitely like them to issue a fix for this, and perhaps even optimise battery use. Using the GPS for any meaningful amount of time renders the battery useless for the rest of the day.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
been off the charger for 14 hours, still at 70% with mild to medium usage with 4 apps running in background, push email every 30 min, nfc off, sensitive touch at normal.

Thryon

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, you basically did a calibration by running it flat and then charging it to full. Should be done on any tech unit you get.

I had already performed after two weeks. I did not notice significant change. But this charge will not give up the ghost. It now has been 4 Days and 10 hours since my last charge and the battery is now down to only 12%. I wonder if it will last the day.

Indifferent of the cause, it is awesome.

theta orionis

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Mine sure did although it wasn't that bad before. Read alot of news and blogs and the battery would drain rather quickly. I took it off the charger about 5pm...made a few calls bunch of texts and read some articles and watched couple of videos on NY Times Played around with Smartglass for an hour at least. I'm at 45% now (probably would've been higher without the smart glass earlier in the day)😊

sakahn

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
wp_ss_20121208_0001.jpg

2 mail accounts. Synced at 15 mins.
Background apps: Engadget, Amazing weather and other pre-installed apps.
Blocked: Nokia Drive and NFC.

General use: few calls, sms, browsing etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital