should my phone be getting considerably warm from just browsing the net?

thaddyusmaximus

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Did you just get your phone? Mine did this for the first week. After about 10 charges my battery life improved a whole lot. Now I get 14-16 hours of pretty heavy usage. It was 6-8 hours when I first got it. I charge wirelessly using my JBL speaker dock. I just have weather and facebook running in the background. My phone still gets warm but not like when I first got it.

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
are you in an area with low signal strength? even if on wifi, its still pinging cell towers and that alone can cause that. I noticed the same thing last night while waiting for the cars oil change.
i was in an area with poor reception and my battery drained more than usual, and the back got a bit warmer.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Every phone gets warm from time to time. The question is if your phone is getting warm ALL the time, or if it's getting HOT from time to time. In either case, I'd start to raise an eyebrow.

karmamule

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Mine warms up a bit if I'm using wifi, but not so much when using lte. (which surprises me, I would have expected the opposite). However I wouldn't call it "considerable", just very slight and doesn't bother me so it's probably not to the same extent as yours.

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Do you have any other apps running in the background? If I leave a few apps open and cruise the web a lot my phone can warm up a bit. If I only have one or two open the phone stays fairly cool. My first 920 got HOT even during a 10 minute call. I exchange that one and my new one seems pretty much perfect. If you have 5 or 6 apps running and your phone warms up a bit I would say that is normal.

JonesCK1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Every phone gets warm from time to time. The question is if your phone is getting warm ALL the time, or if it's getting HOT from time to time. In either case, I'd start to raise an eyebrow.

Warm is one thing, but my red L920 was getting unconfortably hot when simply browsing the net, funny though I could play Treasures of Montezuma or Mirror's Edge for a good hour and the phone would be warm at best. GPS, Browsing the web and especially charging the phone, I'd leave it on the wireless plate and when I pick it up it feels like it's going to melt my silcone case, sometimes it would get hot on its own, probably some background apps running or pulling my locations (GPS).

I ordered a replacement, I was 1 day shy of my 14 day buyers remorse but the store was out of stock so I'm just waiting for the unit to be mailed, hopefully the new unit doesn't have this issue, although my wife does have a black one and it seems fine, gets lukewarm at best with heavy browsing or anything else.

sabotagebx

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

I must have had the best iphone 4 ever, it has never been hot, same with my gfs 4s

sabotagebx

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Do you have any other apps running in the background? If I leave a few apps open and cruise the web a lot my phone can warm up a bit. If I only have one or two open the phone stays fairly cool. My first 920 got HOT even during a 10 minute call. I exchange that one and my new one seems pretty much perfect. If you have 5 or 6 apps running and your phone warms up a bit I would say that is normal.

these apps dont really run in the background though. Drive does, yes others should not. Your phones shouldnt be getting warm or hot people

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Your phones shouldnt be getting warm or hot people

How can you say that? These things have dual-core processors with advanced operating systems doing all kinds of stuff. Some heat is going to happen from time to time, it's unavoidable. Like I said, though, if your phone is warm ALL THE TIME, or it gets actually HOT, then you should be concerned. But some heat is normal now and again.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
So just a little info on what is on my phone , 4 live tiles , 1 email 15 min intervals, Skype and Nokia drive deleted lol. Cellular data off all the time unless getting an mms, WiFi on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos