I'm starting to remember why I left microsoft and went with apple...

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I think one big generalization that has come to surface over the years is that the internet is somewhat of a public journal/diary. People vent online all the time. Maybe for someone to agree or to counter a claim and debate it. It's just what it is. I know the OP doesn't expect use mere forum goers to totally fix his issue, but forums are made for that mostly..debate.

fo?rum

[fawr-uh m, fohr-uh m] Show IPA

noun, plural fo?rums, fo?ra [fawr-uh, fohr-uh] Show IPA .1.the marketplace or public square of an ancient Roman city, thecenter of judicial and business affairs and a place of assemblyfor the people.

2.a court or tribunal: the forum of public opinion.

3.an assembly, meeting place, television program, etc., for the discussion of questions of public interest.

4.the Forum, the forum in the ancient city of Rome.

So don't knock the dude for voicing his frustrations on here. Don't expect to solve his issue, but rather foster some healthy debate on the subject so we all can pass the day quicker lol.

I have no issue with a debate or even the content of his post, but I do have an issue with the title of his post. If you want to say you're pissed at how hard it is to reset your 920, then fine, post it with that title. But to use a title like 'I'm starting to remember why I left microsoft and went with apple...' in a Win Phone forum is just asking for it. Admit it, if I did the same type of thing in an Apple forum I would get roasted.

Let's face it, this forum has been a troll haven for the last few weeks so some people are getting a bit touchy. And it also helps to use the little filter you have between your ears...

[h=1][/h]

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
i understand the debate thing about forums and ppl feel the need to vent on forums. but in reality it's counter productive. in the end it still doesnt solve their problem. and if you wanted to "foster a healthy debate" then you have to "lay healthy seeds". when you say things like "didn't take much long because battery life sucked ass!!!!" or "both nokia and microsoft has been in the mobile phone business for how long now??? even the very first iphone never had issues like this and they were new to the game." or "seriously, wtf nokia/microsoft?? get your **** together." these do not spark a healthy debate. it seems more like you are mad so you wanted to come on a forum to rant and bash nokia and MS. therefore you get the responses that you have gotten in this thread. i too understand that the guy is mad but consider what you say while you are mad (cause) brings certain responses from ppl (effect).

really??

you've never had an experience where you post something on the forum and some random person shines in with the answer/solution?

cause and effect... as long as you're not some ******, my post shouldn't have offended you. the point i made is pretty straight forward and reasonable.
-WHEN a phone freezes (not if because no such thing as perfect devices including the iphone), the owner of the device should have the means to reboot it somehow. YES, nokia did implement the 920 to do exactly that, but it didn't work for me. and now, we know that i'm not the only person that went through this.

healthy debate, what are you a high school teacher? a debate is a debate is a debate. if you cant handle it pops, you don't have to read it/respond to it.

if i've offended anybody or if for some weird/stupid/twilight zone'ish reasons you thought i was putting the iphone on the pedestal, i apologize.

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
really??

you've never had an experience where you post something on the forum and some random person shines in with the answer/solution?

cause and effect... as long as you're not some ******, my post shouldn't have offended you. the point i made is pretty straight forward and reasonable.
-WHEN a phone freezes (not if because no such thing as perfect devices including the iphone), the owner of the device should have the means to reboot it somehow. YES, nokia did implement the 920 to do exactly that, but it didn't work for me. and now, we know that i'm not the only person that went through this.

healthy debate, what are you a high school teacher? a debate is a debate is a debate. if you cant handle it pops, you don't have to read it/respond to it.

if i've offended anybody or if for some weird/stupid/twilight zone'ish reasons you thought i was putting the iphone on the pedestal, i apologize.

He actually has a good point. Adult conversation teaches us that how we present and receive dialog is crucial in how the conversation continues and how it affects future interactions with those individuals. Read up on the topic of "Crucial Conversations", its a course on how to effectively communicate with others while avoiding negative results and roadblocks. It's a bit of overkill, but very applicable in understanding why you did receive negative feedback. You may want to read up on it a bit.

strider2

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
what's your expectation? nothing is the short answer.

unlike some of you, and i'm not pointing any fingers. i'm not a ****** of any brand. i appreciate things for what they are. i'm not a iphone ****** and i'm not a nokia ******. i will talk **** about you or it if the problem exist.

i admit, i was in rant mode. partly due to the fact that i've never had a phone that bricked itself (mind you, this is my 2nd 920). i was always able to reboot the system. iphone was just an example i used since it was my previous phone. but did i say the iphone is high and mighty? no, some of you nokia fanbois just assumed or wanted to read it that way.

where did i mention, "you guys better help me and help me now!!!!"

you're obviously just another ****** who cant see beyond what just in front of you.

just saying.....................

If I am a fan boy, I would not have replied on behalf of ALL the people who are trying to help you.

I am not also talking anything about iPhone.

All I wanted to say was to give consideration to guys who were trying to help you solve your issue. That's all.

Disclaimer: I purchased a AT&T Lumia 920 Phone just 2 days back and I am staring at it, trying to unlock it and use it on T-Mobile.

I have no experience in using this phone and neither I am a fan boy of a particular OS.

I last used a nokia phone 8 years back as a candy bar type.

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
He actually has a good point. Adult conversation teaches us that how we present and receive dialog is crucial in how the conversation continues and how it affects future interactions with those individuals. Read up on the topic of "Crucial Conversations", its a course on how to effectively communicate with others while avoiding negative results and roadblocks. It's a bit of overkill, but very applicable in understanding why you did receive negative feedback. You may want to read up on it a bit.

this is a forum for cell phones. i'm not looking for your approval or positive responses or to make friends or to impress anybody or to defend my new toy.

i happen to work for an awesome company where i'm very good at what i do so i spend most of my time online at forums such as this to kill time.

relax, smell the roses, enjoy the rain (i like rain), take a break, at the end, you and i have no qualms. it's just a forum. i was ranting and some fainbois misunderstood my statement which was pretty clear if you ask me. it's just that when you deal with fanbois one word can trigger a negative response.

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
If I am a fan boy, I would not have replied on behalf of ALL the people who are trying to help you.

I am not also talking anything about iPhone.

All I wanted to say was to give consideration to guys who were trying to help you solve your issue. That's all.

Disclaimer: I purchased a AT&T Lumia 920 Phone just 2 days back and I am staring at it, trying to unlock it and use it on T-Mobile.

I have no experience in using this phone and neither I am a fan boy of a particular OS.

I last used a nokia phone 8 years back as a candy bar type.

are you serious? i said i'm not pointing fingers at anybody.

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
really??

where in anything that i said did i show that your post affended me? i actually showed very little emotion. i was just showing you another side as to why you are getting the responses are you getting. its because of how your original post came off. and an educated person does not see "a debate is a debate is a debate". i'm not saying you are uneducated, just saying if you start a thread while being mad you are prolly going to say some things that rile up other ppl. i for one would have tried to make an objective topic and show my actual concerns without all the negative emotion that you showed. and yes i am a fan. anyone who buys the lumia 920 is effectively a fan. so are you.

paulm187

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I've absolutely had no problems with my 920 since day one, yes the battery usage issues but it has settled and I have blocked Nokia Drive Beta from background tasks. This may be something to do with ATT & Lumia firmware? I'm in the UK on T-Mobile/EE

alphamang

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Why is this all of a sudden a flame war? At least some of you have your phones (albeit without functionality, at times). I'm still waiting for my phone :(

alphamang

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
And to the OP -
Maybe you should put a prefix to your post like:
Rant - <Insert Topic>

There's no point ranting about Microsoft and Nokia saying you have all these issues then saying your iPhone worked fine. That doesn't achieve anything other than venting your own frustrations. If you're really unhappy just return the damn phone (2 at this point?) and buy something else. No one is stopping you.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
So you have a clearly defective phone. Take it back to AT&T (or Nokia) and get an exchange. It's not THAT hard.

Or, if you don't want to replace your defective phone with another Windows Phone, replace it with an iPhone and pay the difference. All ranting and whining will do is spin you up into a frenzy and piss off everyone else on the forum.

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
And to the OP -
Maybe you should put a prefix to your post like:
Rant - <Insert Topic>

There's no point ranting about Microsoft and Nokia saying you have all these issues then saying your iPhone worked fine. That doesn't achieve anything other than venting your own frustrations. If you're really unhappy just return the damn phone (2 at this point?) and buy something else. No one is stopping you.

done.

1220Ac

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: OP - It happened to my Red NL920 too today (editing a photo in Lomogram) - I thought it was the bricked thing people here talking about. Apps glitches and shutdown are pretty frequent occurrences. Plus there are not that many quality apps I love in WP8. It's getting boring.

I don't know why I bought this - it's probably just because of the camera and to be different.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
This thread is going nowhere. To the OP, MS is now working on an update to fix your issues and it should be out by this time next month.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte