Lumia promotion still going on?

EpidemikE1

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I need to replace my wife's HTC Titan (cause its been terrible and I dont think warranty will replace the device due to a scratch on the screen). I have another line that is eligible for an upgrade on 12/04 and I was wondering if the promotion of the free wireless charge pad and device price of $49.00 will last till next week.

She is a luck gal. I got her the Surface RT with Red touch cover and will get her a red Lumia 920.

Also, any ideas on when cases or a quality screen protector will be available?

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
I don't think the $49.99 deal is still active but you can try. I see $99 still everywhere unless you mean Walmart maybe, but they don't offer the free wireless charging plate so it's an offset.

EpidemikE1

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Ill have to check out that Walmart deal. I wonder if I can do an upgrade through them?

Dogfish54, OT, since you have both the iPhone 5 and a Lumia 920 what are your comparison thoughts between the two?

dogfish54

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
So I'll try to be fair, because I am quite biased toward the Lumia:

What I like about the iphone:

* It has pretty much every app there might be. Most of them I don't actually want or use for 15 minutes and then delete. I don't like paying for phone apps, If I could get over that, I might enjoy some of the paid apps
* Podcast app is FINALLY usable
* It's small and light
* Information density - Apple seems to have the whole high res thing worked out .. it seems they get a lot packed into that small space and it's (mostly) legible.
* It really is an engineering marvel in terms of thickness, it really does feel impressive in that regard.

What I don't like about the iphone:

* The finish just comes off ... I usually hate Gizmodo, but they did a story about this and have some good photos that show what happens after just a couple of months. You have to BABY it if you plan to use it without a case. One slightly reckless move and the black paint comes off. I have an otterbox on it now, but I need to get a different one because the otterbox is jut too bulky.
* The screen is narrow - really narrow - making it taller was a stupid idea
* Everyone raves about the camera, but I haven't taken one good photo with it. I feel like it's a conspiracy or something, but obviously others are able to get good photos out of it, to me it's not even close to the lumia in that regard
* It's just plain boring ... the apps aren't as great as everyone says ... notification center is good for some things, but useless for most. I think if you really get locked into the Apple way of doing things, it probably makes sense to you

What I like about the Lumia:

* Color - The Cyan looks awesome
* Screen - nice and big, clear. I'm torn with the curved glass, one side of me thinks it's beautiful, the other side feels like it's just unnecessary bulk.
* Windows OS - it's alive, I can see pics of my friends, status updates etc without me doing anything - I really like that ... I know it's a little thing .. but it's the little things right :)
* It's a Nokia - I have a soft spot for Nokia ... I just feel like they know what they are doing when building a phone
* Nokia apps - they keep coming out with more cool stuff for free, Nokia music is especially good and eases the pain of my first 'con'

What I don't like about the Lumia:

* Need a Spotify app - I know it's a personal thing, but the app on 7.5 never worked right
* I don't understand what's in it that makes it so heavy - maybe the glass and thick plastic. It is high quality materials, and they do weigh more.

Anyway, that's just off the top of my head ....

My gf was an Android user (converted Apple user) and she loved the 900 and obviously loves the 920 even more.

FYI - we've had no issues - although I did have a dream that I did after reading these forums and seeing all the complaints. If you read Apple forums you get the same. After reading reviews for the Galaxy nexus (late last year) I don't know how they sold ANY

tmservo

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't think the $49.99 deal is still active but you can try. I see $99 still everywhere unless you mean Walmart maybe, but they don't offer the free wireless charging plate so it's an offset.

AT&T Store did it for me yesterday, and they told me it runs through Christmas.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss