Not seeing app updates?

nico002

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been reading about app updates in here yet I haven't received a single notifications from the store or store tile. I just checked Nokia maps in the store and there indeed was an update. If the auto update notifications aren't going to work, shouldn't there at least be a way to manually check for updates? Jeez...

SCDavis

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Usually if you go to the marketplace, go to the app you're thinking of that should have an update(ie nokia maps) and then back to the list and then back to the app it usually shows the update. Your data may just not be updating it... I just went to my apps list after not using my phone for a while and I had 3 updates. Maps, myATT, extras+info ...

-SCDavis

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
updates work fine for me. Every time there is an update my store tile tells me.

The thing to remember is that, more often than not, these update notifications 'roll out' to different areas at different times. Just because someone says that there is an update doesn't mean that you'll be notified right then and there. It cycles... the store periodically checks if there is an update. Someone's phone may have checked at a different time than yours did and saw an update. I'd be willing to bet taht within the next 30 minutes you'd be notified of those updates too.

gudnuf4u

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I've been getting all the updates even the newer version of the Extras+Info, but my wife's phone hasn't received any updates info on her phone ...kinda weird

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
updates work fine for me. Every time there is an update my store tile tells me.

The thing to remember is that, more often than not, these update notifications 'roll out' to different areas at different times. Just because someone says that there is an update doesn't mean that you'll be notified right then and there. It cycles... the store periodically checks if there is an update. Someone's phone may have checked at a different time than yours did and saw an update. I'd be willing to bet taht within the next 30 minutes you'd be notified of those updates too.

I could uunderstand this if it was consistent. On WP 7, I remember not being aware for weeks that certain apps had updates until I backtracked WPCentral articles and discovered so. My phone at times would decide it didn't want to send out notifications.

MrTofu

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Same issue here. I am getting all the update notifications on my 810 but my wife is not on her 810. I went through and manually 'discovered' the updates. But as was brought out, I cannot find the extra+info in the store. Very frustrating!

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Patience.

I got 8 updates today. Including all the Nokia ones.

Cant say I've noticed anything useful.
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Board Express

vtective

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen app updates for the past week or so. Fortunately, I get all my notifications about new app updates from WPCentral and their helpful direct links.

expanda

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I've been getting a phantom update. The store will have a 1 on the live tile but when I go into the store there are no updates. It will happen several times a day.

expanda

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Is it set to automatically download the update for you?

I don't think so. I get other real updates from time to time. I do have a weather app that never downloaded correctly that's grayed out in the app list that I can't delete. I might try a hard reset.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
App updates are sometimes delayed, and it has been this way since NoDo days. I often won't get the live tile for an update until late in the same day that the update has been announced.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3