how to check if the phone is unlock without using a new sim

Rancorbeast

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
I was just wondering if there was a way to check with a funky dial code if the sim is locked on my 920 phone... I realize the best way is just puting in a new sim from another carrier but I don't have one and I'd like to just test it...

My Lumia 920 is a 44/2012 batch and I have read reports that all of 43/2012 are unlocked and some 44/2012 as well. CellUnlocker.net could not find a code... maybe that's why :)

Just trying to find out if I'm lucky for one :)

Rancorbeast

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
I tried the ##782# but usually when you enter a valid "##" (say *#06# for the IMEI #) it just works... i punch the ##782# code and nothing happens, I hit call and it just takes me back to the call history pane.

Does that mean I have an unlocked phone?

If so, I am happy...and scared because what if I want to one day flash a plain firmware on my 920? It may lock my phone and then I won't have the code to unlock it right?

Rancorbeast

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
* Rant Alert *

See that's so not fair, he gets a message that basically says " Hey bro congrats your phone is unlocked, you're a bada**" and we get nothing... couldn't they just put a message that says like "Sorry phone is locked, sucks to be you" ANYTHING!! I'm gonna try my luck with unlock.canadagsm.ca

Dr_8820

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Unlocked phones means you don't have to wait for the carriers to infect the OS, and you don't have to wait for updates...they come straight from Microsoft.

Griffinx

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Unlocked phones means you don't have to wait for the carriers to infect the OS, and you don't have to wait for updates...they come straight from Microsoft.

If I unlock an EE 920 , will OTA updates then come from Microsoft or will the updates still be via EE

hudsonvalley

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I have 2 Lumia's 920, both shipped from ATT directly, I tried the ##782# code and it takes me right back to call history. I doubt both of them are unlocked. Unfortunately I don't have a different carrier micro-sim to test.

Gagman

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
If I unlock an EE 920 , will OTA updates then come from Microsoft or will the updates still be via EE

1) UNLOCKED means here sim-unlocked=you just can use other carriers' sim cards

2) neither unlocking nor flashing ROM to Country Variant let you get updates directly from MS/Nokia. OTA come by Phone's Product Code. So even if you flash rom from EE to O2 or german T-mobile or polish Plus GSM or italian Country Version after OTA update your software will be again from EE

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb