Transferring & Reading PDF documents

Dicky_Snapples

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I have just pre-ordered the Lumia 920 and after reading several forums it appears that some 920 owners are having problems with PDF files.

It's important in my day to day tasks that I am able to transfer PDF documents from my PC to my phone and be able to open & read them on my phone. I am coming from Android to WP8 and with Android it was simple to drag & drop PDF files on to my device and then read the document.

Will I be able to do this on my Lumia 920? if not I will have to cancel my pre-order and go back to Android, which I don't really want to do.

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I have just pre-ordered the Lumia 920 and after reading several forums it appears that some 920 owners are having problems with PDF files.

It's important in my day to day tasks that I am able to transfer PDF documents from my PC to my phone and be able to open & read them on my phone. I am coming from Android to WP8 and with Android it was simple to drag & drop PDF files on to my device and then read the document.

Will I be able to do this on my Lumia 920? if not I will have to cancel my pre-order and go back to Android, which I don't really want to do.

download microsoft pdf reader and you should be able to open them up. From what I've heard, the software is buggy though, but hopefully they will update it in short time. Remember, windows phone 8 is still extremely new.

Dicky_Snapples

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
download microsoft pdf reader and you should be able to open them up. From what I've heard, the software is buggy though, but hopefully they will update it in short time. Remember, windows phone 8 is still extremely new.

Thank you for your reply... I have been told the best way to view PDF files is to load them to Skydive and then download them from Skydrive to your handset. Iv'e been looking forward to getting the 920 and will be so disappointed if i cant view PFD's properly.

tai4de2

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
You can also put PDFs into the Documents folder on your phone, from your PC.

Connect phone to PC
Bring up "My Computer"
Click on your phone (under "Portable Devices" in My Computer)
Drill into Phone --> Documents
Copy PDFs (or Office docs) into Documents

Go into Office hub on your phone
Under "Places" tap "Phone"
Your document(s) will be in there
Tap on a PDF to open it in MS PDF reader app

Dicky_Snapples

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
You can also put PDFs into the Documents folder on your phone, from your PC.

Connect phone to PC
Bring up "My Computer"
Click on your phone (under "Portable Devices" in My Computer)
Drill into Phone --> Documents
Copy PDFs (or Office docs) into Documents

Go into Office hub on your phone
Under "Places" tap "Phone"
Your document(s) will be in there
Tap on a PDF to open it in MS PDF reader app

Thanks for your reply ... I will give it a go once my 920 arrives

Udoh Progress

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks so much..... I was so angry about the pdf issue until i read your post.
Nice concept having it at the location but the hiding is not user friendly.
Thanks Man.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss