Retail availability around the world? Has 920 hit the shelves?

DanBB1

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm interested to know how visible is Lumia 920 in your local carrier/retail store? Are they showing different colour options? Marketing material? Have you seen commercials? Is it even available, and in what quantities?

I know its been sold out in most online stores. But the average consumer doesn't buy his cellphone from online store.
What I am worried about is that, this is the biggest sale season of the year, and Nokia seems to miss it hugely because of Lumia 920 not being available NOW. Its not the WP enthusiasts Nokia needs to reach when talking about big sales numbers, its the avarege consumer.

This might be the last chance for Nokia, before they have to consider selling their smartphone division to Samsung/MS/HTC/Google/who ever pays the most. I've seen some stock analysts speculating about that for some time :(

Thamuz

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Nokia just announced yesterday that it won't be available be available until mid January here in Belgium.

I agree, I am also bummed out by this because I really like what Nokia and Microsoft in general have to offer. It's not just about the phones but about windows 8 as well - there is only one RT tablet available in Belgium (and only from an online store), and not even any Windows 8 pro hardware. I mean, there are a couple of new laptops, but no ultrabooks, no hybrids, no tablets, in short no exciting new hardware to go along with the Windows 8 launch. Along with the poor quality of MS services here (most films in the Xbox video app are only available dubbed into French whereas 60% of the population is Dutch speaking and prefers to watch the original version with Dutch subtitles, bing is still in beta so no local scout or anything etc), it's hard for me to 'evangelize' Microsoft here.

Tam Doan

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
They're promoting heavily in Vietnam. About $670 and comes with Wireless charger and wireless Microsoft mouse. Not bad considering iPhone 5 is about $1100 here.

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
There's is a LOT of promotion in the UK, I've seen Windows Phone 8 TV ads probably 5 or 6 times, and in London at least there's plenty of billboards for WP8, Windows and Surface.

Generally the pickup in stores is mixed, roughly half and half between stores that have a large amount of WP8 promotional material and heavily promote the devices (including Phones4U), vurses stores where it's darn near impossible to see a Windows Phone (including sadly Carphone Warehouse, who are supposed to be selling the Lumia 820, HTC 8S and HTX 8X but I've only ever seen one 820 in one of their stores out of the 10 or so I've popped into).

Microsoft, Nokia and HTC are really going for it and certainly knowledge of Windows Phone is increasing- a lot more people know what I'm talking about when I mention it now and there's a noticeable increase in people willing to switch from Android/iOS (there are very few people left on Blackberry to convince!)

The biggest problem in the UK at least is that stock isn't so much hitting the shelves, as vaguely glancing at them on the way past, as it seems no matter how big/small the quantity the deliveries never last more than a couple of days...

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Yeah its been sold in stores here in Norway starting yesterday, some are awaiting shipments, but still. Norway isnt recieving enough 920s, frankly. Nokia cant produce them fast enough for this launch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss