Uneven Display

eallan

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else have this issue? My Cyan 920 seems to have a very uneven display. It's cooler up top and warme on the bottom, and there seems to be some "grey" to the whites on the side.

The White 920 I had for a little while didn't seem to exhibit this.

I'll see if I can get a picture showing this somehow, it's hard to photograph.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
A picture would really help. I am not sure if you are talking about the screen being uneven or if it's the heat distribution that is uneven.

eallan

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm saying "cool" and "warm" in terms of the color temperature of the screen.

Honestly, it kinda looks like it might be the glass or polarizing layer or something sort of "coloring" it unevenly.

I'll see if i can get a photo to show it with my camera when i get home.

mythra

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
i have a similar problem. the bottom half seems to display dirtier whites than the top half. there is also some light leaking from the bottom side. i'm waiting for my replacement device to come in...

mythra

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
got my replacement today and i'm content with this one. overall, it has cooler whites than the other one. although, the power button on this one is one of those looser ones. i'll let that one slide.

eallan

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
i think I see what you are talking about. It doesn't look too bad to me

Thanks, it's a bit worse than in the photo, it's REALLY hard to take a picture of it.

It tends to put a noticeable gradient across pages that are white (most pages).

It's not a huge problem, but it is a worse display than the white 920 I used for a while.

Also, the White 920 had the display "sticking out" a bit on the right side. This Cyan 920 is perfectly even and flush.

itsnavsub

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for posting a reply for the similar problem I posted today. I realized that I am not alone :). Are you planning to get a replacement?

lewiedude

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
The bottom(toward the soft keys) tenth of the phone is brighter than the rest of the screen. Especially with white pages. I suspect that it is from the light source on the bottom edge that is illuminating that portion of the screen with slightly more intensity. It isn't there when the screen in black as in the bottom of the start screen when you scroll all the way down. Does anyone else notice this intensity difference, or is it just me? Otherwise the screen is perfect and absolutely awesome. Please let me know if anyone else has this....thanks, Lewiedude.

eallan

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for posting a reply for the similar problem I posted today. I realized that I am not alone :). Are you planning to get a replacement?

I think i'm going to call today and get a replacement. It really is bothering me :(

Also, the vibrate is so awful it's unusable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720