Bose MIE2 headset with Lumia 920

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

does anyone have the Bose MIE2 headset and can check if it works with the Lumia 920? I know the MIE2i doesn't work, but how about the MIE2?

Peter

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
To answer my own question: I ended up getting the MIE2 headsets in the hope that they'd work - and they do! Awesome sound. Pausing and skipping songs works, volume up / down does not, however, which isn't great. Not sure if there are any headphones that support that on WP8 handsets.

hudsonvalley

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I own a pair of ones. Sound is fantastic. I wish it was noise reducing though. Not sure where you found volume +/- on those headphones though... Adjusting volume on the phone works fine, the drawback it will apply to both music and ring tone level.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Nokia makes an in-ear headset specifically made for the Lumia line of phones. The controller (pause/play/next/previous and volume) works perfectly with the 920.

Parafox

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I got my new Lumia 920 a few days ago and I loved the Bose headset "MIE2", but they did not work on my old Win 7.5 Samsung Phone, so I sold them.

Is it possible to accept incoming calls with the MIE2 on the Lumia 920? And is the mic working properly?

spampy2

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Try Beats by Dre urBeats as they work with the 920 beautifully and all functions work. Play, pause, skip, volume up and down and the reason they work is both standard android and windows phone headphone plugs are the same. Strangely any headphones for Samsung Android phones do not work oh and no idevices work cause Apple uses a different tech.

Parafox

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Thx! But I dont't want to try something new, I was very happy with the Bose headphones and would just like to know if they support "accept call"/"end call".

Pas

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
i was told by a BOSE chat rep on the BOSE site that the accept/end call feature you're asking about does work with the 920. he also said the volume control isn't there. i went with the nokia purity ear-buds though. i wanted the volume controls, too. before getting the 920, i used an iphone 4s and bose ear-buds so i know why you would want to keep using the BOSE but i can honestly tell you you wouldn't regret the having the purity earbuds instead.

Parafox

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
thanks, but I'm not a big fan of in-ears, that's why I love the Bose headphones. they are a bit special, too - but they work for me.

beeumdubulu

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Try Beats by Dre urBeats as they work with the 920 beautifully and all functions work. Play, pause, skip, volume up and down and the reason they work is both standard android and windows phone headphone plugs are the same. Strangely any headphones for Samsung Android phones do not work oh and no idevices work cause Apple uses a different tech.

This is good to know since I was looking into getting the urBeats. Do you have the version that was Monster based or the new version of urBeats, where Monster is not the manufacturer?

K Rad

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Can someone tell if the all functions (volume, skip tracks, etc.) of the Klipsch model (S4i or something like that) work with the 920?

Killer headset would be the Purity Pro (coming with the new Lumia line) - fricking awesome it is... but they're out of the league budgetwise (some 20000+ Indian Rupees or 400$ I guess) How much does the in-ear ones cost?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs