Isn't lumia 920.. too big?

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
My wife said the 920 wasn't big enough. LOL.

I was all set to order a 920 for her to go along with mine when someone showed her a Samsung Note. So now she has the Note 2. And there's a good reason why I let her jump ship, her eyesight is getting bad as we're getting older so she needed the largest text size available. She's quite happy with it.

For me, no, it's not too big. I couldn't single hand type with the Focus and still can't with the 920.

masterfisherman

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I dont think its to big, I like the larger display. I went from a tiny dumb phone so for me, initially it felt huge but after a week, I'm use to the size and it feels right.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
low resolution

I thought that would bother me too, but the ClearBlack AMOLED display is really nice and while it's not up to "retina display" standards it's a higher resolution than the pre-retina iPhones. I have no complaints about the display on my 820. :)

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Guess I'll take the other side of the fence on this one. I have a L920 and feel its a little big for my taste. Not that I plan to get rid of it. Its a great phone. Large phones are just the way the market is headed right now. Take a look at some of the Android devices. They make the L920 look like a L800.

I will agree with the OP. A Nokia device with the specs of the L920 and the dimensions of the L800 would be the perfect handset in my opinion.

wharfratg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it is too big. I considered the 8X and while I love its ergonomics, it was too narrow for me. With the 920 I can use one hand if necessary but still not feel like my hands are tied together when texting with thumbs. The weight and extra thickness doesn't bother me--I don't use a case so it is actually smaller than my prior Samsung Focus with a case. The only downside I see is that the pointy edges aren't the best for pockets.

erasure25

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Don't sit down with it in your pocket! Who does that anyway? Everyone places their phones on the table... its the modern form of peeing to claim your territory.

DropPass

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Never having owned a smartphone before my L920, I thought it was too big at first too. 3 Weeks later, it feels like the perfect sized device. The 8X is narrower, but a bit taller and the Galaxy SIII is about the same width, but slightly taller. I think the higher end phones are all pretty comparable size wise!

agd87

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I agree that the size of the 920 is quite bit at first. Going from an iPhone 3GS to the 920 is quite a leap. It can be a bit difficult to navigate around with one hand but after using for a few days im used to it and I am loving the big screen.

wcrm

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I asked my 6 year old daughter if it is too big or heavy for her. She said no, then went back to killing the battery by playing Angry Birds. (And no, she does not lift.) As for my pockets, I usually wear slacks or cargo pants. The front pockets are big enough to hold a Note. Wallet and keys on the left side, phone on the right. Everything comfortable.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
The 920s camera hardware is big, hence the phone size.

The depth of a smaller phone would always be the same, so you shrink the height/width, and it'd look like even more of a brick.
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Board Express

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I asked my 6 year old daughter if it is too big or heavy for her. She said no, then went back to killing the battery by playing Angry Birds. (And no, she does not lift.) As for my pockets, I usually wear slacks or cargo pants. The front pockets are big enough to hold a Note. Wallet and keys on the left side, phone on the right. Everything comfortable.

Well, apparently she's lifting now.

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Its pretty beastly and slicker'n pigeon poop. Already slipped out of my hands twice. Hopefully the Zagg shield will give it some tackiness.

kebnt

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
When I first got the Lumia 900 to try out, after coming from a 3GS, my hands actually hurt from using it. After a few days it was fine though and ended up returning the 900 for other reasons. Then I got the iPhone 5 when it came out with the intent to get the 920. After coming from the iPhone 5, I was expecting a similar experience with my hands hurting and it being too heavy/big, but I didn't notice any of that at all. I think the way the weight is distributed definitely helps.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Kind of grew accustomed this as i get around 2-3 smartphones every year and on the pictures and videos the phone always look big, especially if the reviews and whatnot say it's huge.
In the end when you actually get the phone it's no problem. Experienced this too many times as the width of the phones has been growing every year.

Weight i knew from the start to be non issue as i actually appreciate heavy phones (i mean i did own Nokia E90 and luxury Nokia 8xxx series models back in the day) and in the end have had no issue with the size either. Naturally this is different for everybody, something that a 4 seconds hands on time with the device should clear up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923