Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

I spoke too soon. Frozen again this morning. Although most of my freezes have been overnight, I have had one during the day when it was on the charger for some time. It seems most related to the time spent on the wireless charger. Is there any reason to think a hard reset might help?

[Etyrnus] Is there an obvious way we can contact Nokia, beyond threads on their discussions board?

My wife's new yellow 920 is having this issue. I've been using my glossy white 920 with my charging stand without issues since launch day. Her phone charges okay with the cable. I'm going to try to re-locate the wireless charge pad and also try it with my charging stand to see if I can get it to go without locking up. Volume down + power button wakes it up, but it hasn't had a full charge after the lockup.

We waited a couple weeks to get the yellow color and I'm sure my wife would be pretty unhappy if we had to wait for another one. Hopefully a software update can fix the issue.

A quick followup to my previous post. I put her phone (locking up with the charging plate) on my charge stand and it had locked up an hour later. The stand is in a different location, so it looks like the fault of the phone and not the charger. If I don't see a fix out soon, I'll go ahead and get a replacement. It'll just take a while to another yellow I'm sure.

Global Posts
    661 Global Posts
    I've had my 920 since launch day, with no random reboots. I've had my wireless plate for about a week, also no problems. BUT, just a few minutes ago, I had it on the plate charging while playing music through Bluetooth. Suddenly the music stopped, so I looked down and saw the phone reboot. Then it got stuck on the NOKIA logo screen. Pushing power+volume down allowed it to finish rebooting. Seems to be fine now.
    Last edited by doublebullout; 12-04-2012 at 11:41 AM.
    Palm Pilot > Palm V > Palm Tungsten T > Palm Treo 650 > Palm Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Hero > Palm Pre > iPhone 4 > LG Quantum > Nokia Lumia 920 > iPhone 5S

My phone freezes nearly every time if using my wireless charger. I have a wireless charging plate from Philips. I guess it's software related.

I had the same issue this am. Received my wireless charger last night and the phone was unresponsive this morning. Had to use hey combination to restart the phone.

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I feel like all of these issues are 920 related since no 822 has mentioned the issue yet. That would make this a hardware rather than software issue. Maybe poorly manufactured covers for the 920 to get them out with the phone?

This night my phone charged very well. I've just uninstalled the app Battery Level for WP8. Maybe that's the thing. I'm going to test it a few days and report back.

Hard reset my device yesterday and it was still frozen this morning. I have since tried resetting without the sim card, left it 10 minutes and hard reset with the sim card. Not had any freezes since, but the first extended stay on the wireless charger will be the determining factor as to whether this gets replaced this week or not.

Awoke to find my phone on the wireless charger off and cool to the touch. Fully charged though but scary because I need to be reached 24/7.

My wireless charger simply doesn't work. I place it on the charger, LED comes on, charging indicator on phone screen does NOT.Annoying. I hope surface phone comes soon. Really irritated at these core functionality issues I'm having.

It hasn't been the app. :( This night my phone freezed again with black screen.
    Thanked by:

Ya, sadly mine did it the first night (last night). Thankfully I setup an old phone with an alarm so I wouldn't be late for work (a "just in case" for if the charger didn't work to charge the phone). I woke up and my old phone went off and the 920 was dead requiring a forced reboot. That is very.....well it sucks.
    Current Phone 1 = Nokia 920 WP8
    Current Phone 2 = HTC Surround w Mango
    Older Phone 3 = AT&T Tilt 2 (TP2) WM 6.5 OEM
    Current Level of Sanity = None ^^

Last night I had my first night when the phone was still alive the next morning on the wireless charger. I did the two reset thing yesterday (once without sim - wait 10 minutes - reset with sim). So I will try again tonight and see what happens.

That said, I did have a random freeze when I was out and about. The phone vibrated in my pocket (nothing running and I don't think there were any appointments due to go off) and when I went to look at it, it was frozen.

instructions says it is normal to get warm while wireless charging. so no biggie.

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Ola View Post
    Last night I had my first night when the phone was still alive the next morning on the wireless charger. I did the two reset thing yesterday (once without sim - wait 10 minutes - reset with sim). So I will try again tonight and see what happens.

That said, I did have a random freeze when I was out and about. The phone vibrated in my pocket (nothing running and I don't think there were any appointments due to go off) and when I went to look at it, it was frozen.
    Definitely update please...this could be a fix!
    Thanked by:

I ran into the same problem last night. Holding down the volume down and power buttons for a few seconds rebooted the phone. Scary stuff, I hope I don't end up having to return this yellow L920 - waited long enough for it to arrive (ATT).

I was convinced my problems were related to the wireless charger, but then I started having the same freezes even when I was not charging the phone. The common thing in all of my freezes (probably 20 in 8 days) is inactivity. I have hard reset mine several times and I cannot wait until early 2013 for a possible software fix, so I am off for a replacement in a short while.

Happened to me again tonight after just over an hour of charging wirelessly. That's twice in two nights. :/
    using the yellow charging plate since I got it, no problem so far. Charging from 5% to 100% in about 3 hours or so and phone is active all the time.

Swapped my phone after repeated freezes. Here's hoping this one is better.

Mine did it again last night. Placed it on the charger and fell asleep. I woke up an hour after my alarm was supposed to go off because.....yep, it wasn't responding and needed a forced reboot once again. I am starting to consider the option of sending this back.
    Current Phone 1 = Nokia 920 WP8
    Current Phone 2 = HTC Surround w Mango
    Older Phone 3 = AT&T Tilt 2 (TP2) WM 6.5 OEM
    Current Level of Sanity = None ^^

I have charged my phone with the charger that was in the box with my phone the past two days and it charged very well without any freezes. It's very annoying that I can't charge my phone with my wireless charger and I don't know if I should get a recplacement from Vodafone, because I only got freezes when charging wirelessly.

Do you guys have Location services turned on or off? I tried charging wirelessly with location services turned off and it did not freeze. But I can't say for sure if turning it off was why it didn't freeze.

Global Posts
    620 Global Posts
    I'm using it and everything are pretty much on. No issue here.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast