Lumia 920 bricked after wireless charging

octavian90

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Update: 2 out of 2 nights on wireless charger, phone was dead in the morning and had to soft reset. Any advice? Should I exchange the phone??

ryanj04

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I have had this same exact issue! My phone would say it was charging when on the wirless chargning plate and the battery level would actually decrease. I tried it on a couple of different charging pads and it did the same thing. So I called AT&T and they are shipping me another phone...

octavian90

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I have had this same exact issue! My phone would say it was charging when on the wirless chargning plate and the battery level would actually decrease. I tried it on a couple of different charging pads and it did the same thing. So I called AT&T and they are shipping me another phone...

actually my phone charges just fine, but for some reason shuts down over night! When I soft reset, the phone shows full charge.

Heatnup

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm the same issues here on my Nokia Lumia 920's and charging. Received the wireless charger and everytime we place the phone on there for at least an hour, it is blank when we check it and we have to do a soft reset with the buttons. That happens everytime...sort of makes wireless charging a useless venture?

Second, I can also confirm that when the device is plugged into power and charging, the phones are very slow and nearly useless to use while charging.

I love the Nokia 920's, but wish these little issues didn't exist.

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I can't stress this enough, we need to be letting Nokia know about this, by whatever means you can. I had told them a couple weeks ago on twitter when it happened to me. But the more of us that help, the better they can help us.

Harry Ola

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I spoke too soon. Frozen again this morning. Although most of my freezes have been overnight, I have had one during the day when it was on the charger for some time. It seems most related to the time spent on the wireless charger. Is there any reason to think a hard reset might help?

[Etyrnus] Is there an obvious way we can contact Nokia, beyond threads on their discussions board?

OldDogSparky

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My wife's new yellow 920 is having this issue. I've been using my glossy white 920 with my charging stand without issues since launch day. Her phone charges okay with the cable. I'm going to try to re-locate the wireless charge pad and also try it with my charging stand to see if I can get it to go without locking up. Volume down + power button wakes it up, but it hasn't had a full charge after the lockup.

We waited a couple weeks to get the yellow color and I'm sure my wife would be pretty unhappy if we had to wait for another one. Hopefully a software update can fix the issue.

OldDogSparky

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
A quick followup to my previous post. I put her phone (locking up with the charging plate) on my charge stand and it had locked up an hour later. The stand is in a different location, so it looks like the fault of the phone and not the charger. If I don't see a fix out soon, I'll go ahead and get a replacement. It'll just take a while to another yellow I'm sure.

doublebullout

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I've had my 920 since launch day, with no random reboots. I've had my wireless plate for about a week, also no problems. BUT, just a few minutes ago, I had it on the plate charging while playing music through Bluetooth. Suddenly the music stopped, so I looked down and saw the phone reboot. Then it got stuck on the NOKIA logo screen. Pushing power+volume down allowed it to finish rebooting. Seems to be fine now.

Last edited:

goldfinch711

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
My phone freezes nearly every time if using my wireless charger. I have a wireless charging plate from Philips. I guess it's software related.

kcaneiro

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue this am. Received my wireless charger last night and the phone was unresponsive this morning. Had to use hey combination to restart the phone.

goodsit2

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
I feel like all of these issues are 920 related since no 822 has mentioned the issue yet. That would make this a hardware rather than software issue. Maybe poorly manufactured covers for the 920 to get them out with the phone?

goldfinch711

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
This night my phone charged very well. I've just uninstalled the app Battery Level for WP8. Maybe that's the thing. I'm going to test it a few days and report back.

Harry Ola

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Hard reset my device yesterday and it was still frozen this morning. I have since tried resetting without the sim card, left it 10 minutes and hard reset with the sim card. Not had any freezes since, but the first extended stay on the wireless charger will be the determining factor as to whether this gets replaced this week or not.

tarzanmarzan

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Awoke to find my phone on the wireless charger off and cool to the touch. Fully charged though but scary because I need to be reached 24/7.

la3z

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My wireless charger simply doesn't work. I place it on the charger, LED comes on, charging indicator on phone screen does NOT.Annoying. I hope surface phone comes soon. Really irritated at these core functionality issues I'm having.

jh20001

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Ya, sadly mine did it the first night (last night). Thankfully I setup an old phone with an alarm so I wouldn't be late for work (a "just in case" for if the charger didn't work to charge the phone). I woke up and my old phone went off and the 920 was dead requiring a forced reboot. That is very.....well it sucks.

Harry Ola

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Last night I had my first night when the phone was still alive the next morning on the wireless charger. I did the two reset thing yesterday (once without sim - wait 10 minutes - reset with sim). So I will try again tonight and see what happens.

That said, I did have a random freeze when I was out and about. The phone vibrated in my pocket (nothing running and I don't think there were any appointments due to go off) and when I went to look at it, it was frozen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon