Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    I had the same problem because i was using samsung s3 charger. After switching to nokia supplied lumia 920 charger, problem is resolved. Please try to use nokia supplied charge and see if this problem is resolved or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Madhava Naidu Boyalla View Post
    I had the same problem because i was using samsung s3 charger. After switching to nokia supplied lumia 920 charger, problem is resolved. Please try to use nokia supplied charge and see if this problem is resolved or not.
    I just bought my Lumia 920 last Saturday and i'm using the supplied charger, my phone started shutting down/rebooting itself today!

i got a same issue, it turned off twice in these three days. i have uninstalled nokia drive lets see

I have experienced this same problem of my Lumia 920 switching off on it's own and needing soft reset to restart.. My observation is that it was happening only after recharging the battery. Switching off the phone and switching it back on after recharge seem to have solved my problem.

return it. your phone should not be turning off by itself.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by intransitmatt View Post
    Yes! This actually was the first time my phone just randomly rebooted--I had enabled bluetooth and bam! it restarted. D:
    Happened to me after using Bluetooth for the first time. Never had reboot before then.

Worst phone I ever had.
    Hey people, do not try to understand why it turns off, you are simply not lucky enough - Nokla just gave you a piece of sh@t.
    Worst phone.

The greatest thing turns me crazy is that Nokla does not even recognize the existense of a problem.
    Hey all, it is time to switch OFF from it.

Shure admins will delete this post.

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Madhava Naidu Boyalla View Post
    Three times now...in all cases the Nokia supplied wall charger was being used. Only seems to be happening when I use the wall charger and not the wireless charger.

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AZBrowncoat View Post
    Three times now...in all cases the Nokia supplied wall charger was being used. Only seems to be happening when I use the wall charger and not the wireless charger.
    UPDATE - happened for the fourth time and took the phone to the local AT&T store where they could not get the phone to boot at all. AT&T is sending a warranty replacement. I was hoping that they would have some Yellow Lumia 920's by now to replace my original Yellow Lumia (this will be my third 920).

If this handset does the same thing I am really starting to think I am going to have to purchase additional wireless charging stations as all of my lockups have been while charging using the wall charger...

After the install of Portico update I start experiencing unexpected shutdown more or less twice a day. It is very annoying because I have to setup date and time every time. Moreover I can not rely that the phone works when it should be. I can not return anywhere - that's why it is mine forever :-( I don't know what to do. I really like the phone but such behavior is totally a mess. I re install (reset phone from OS) it today but it happened again. Please, give me any ideas what to do ... should I uninstall all applications and to see what will happen or turn off location service (which is really unpleasant because a lot of applications and etc. are using this functionality) or what ...

Please, help me. If I can not solve the issue I will buy a new phone and will never return to windows and nokia again.

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I am having the exact same issue. It only ever happens on the Nokia charger. I can charger from my tablet, PC, any USB device, and no shutdowns. I am pointing my finger at the charger.

Quote Originally Posted by slayerx View Post
    I am having the exact same issue. It only ever happens on the Nokia charger. I can charger from my tablet, PC, any USB device, and no shutdowns. I am pointing my finger at the charger.
    I have the strange feeling that it could be the charger but there is no logic to be the charger on my opinion. Any idea why it should be the charger? I bet on the location service but let's see I am trying to figure it out as trying different options and immediately when I realize where is the exact problem will post an update.

Mine shut down today out of nowhere for the first time right after I installed the new update to Nokia City lens no clue if this was the culprit it sure did happen within minutes later of the update and has me wondering now.

Even i do not have any issue with my Lumia 920 but my friend got once. I heard there is some battery boost issue in some Lumia's
    Sent from my RM-821_im_india_443 using Board Express

Hi All,

Following me previous posts I made several experiments in order to find what is the reason for unexpected shut down of my phone. I have to assure you that definitely it is a matter of location service. I tried different options e.g. re installing (Reset from Settings menu), changing charger, investigate battery issue and etc. The only option which solves the problem is to switch off the Location services and Find my Phone from Settings > Location & Find my Phone.

My personal opinion is that there is an issue between some applications using Location service and the phone itself. I will continue investigate which application(s) are making the trouble with Location service but it seems that this is the problem for sure. Therefore the previous post is pointing out about Nokia City Lens - it using Location service as well.

If someone find the same solution useful please, let me know.

Keep in touch.

My 920 has been consistently turning itself off by itself at night while charging wirelessly. It happened occasionally before the Portico update, but has certainly gotten worse since the update. I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but when I turn the phone back on (using the two-finger salute), the time says 12:47am and my Weather Flow application thinks I'm in Glen Echo, USA. These usually update within a minute of turning on. I will try turning off the location services at night to see if that helps.

Very frustrating, especially since I like to use the phone as an alarm clock.

Quote Originally Posted by slayerx View Post
    Same here (before and after Portico). But if I put the phone in Flight mode before charging - it does not happen ...
    It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and resolve all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

I have ordered my replacement today. Vodafone is going to swap my phone on Friday. Hope my new phone is fine and it won't freeze anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by icatar View Post
    My 920 has been consistently turning itself off by itself at night while charging wirelessly. It happened occasionally before the Portico update, but has certainly gotten worse since the update. I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but when I turn the phone back on (using the two-finger salute), the time says 12:47am and my Weather Flow application thinks I'm in Glen Echo, USA. These usually update within a minute of turning on. I will try turning off the location services at night to see if that helps.

Very frustrating, especially since I like to use the phone as an alarm clock.
    Try to switch off the location services it will help. Meanwhile I am suspicious that exactly Weather Flow is making my phone to shut down now and then. I will try to uninstall it and to check what will be the situation if the problem is really in this application I will contact the developer to see what's going on.
    Thanked by:
    icatar 

Same issue. I got it replaced on 12/14 hated to reinstalling all the apps and resetting up home screen. I got new 920 and it started doing same thing at least once per day. I just decided to live with it but then it started shutting down 4 or 5 times a day. If I did not interact with my phone for more than 30 min I would have to do soft reset. Now I'm getting my third 920. I'm starting to really miss my Iphone, it was extremely reliable. And if I had to hard reset for any reason iCloud would restore it just the way it was no hours of reinstalling and organizing apps. this is a pain in the you know what.........a simple internet search shows tons of lumia 920 owners around the world having similar issue why has Nokia or Microsoft not said anything?

Hello,

I had this same issue with my 1st Lumia 920, I took it back just before I had it 28 days. The replacement 920 I have has not had any issues, I'm using all the same apps that I used on my old phone, not once has this phone crashed needing a reset.

I'm posting here as I kept an eye on this forum when I was having the issue. Mine was turning off needing a reboot 3 to 5 times a day, I was waiting for a fix but I wish I returned it sooner.

Not having to set the time and date every morning, afternoon and evening is great. So if your still getting this issue, push for a replacement handset!

I've fallen back in love with my 920.

I hope this helps
    Matt

Try to disable Wi-Fi and use it only when you need to download or upload something ... you can make a tile, for easy switch on and off, by Connection Tiles apps ...

[deleted comment]
    Last edited by G24T; 02-04-2013 at 07:49 PM.

I tried disabling notification services, but the phone still locked up. I then disabled WiFi as suggested, and the phone hasn't locked up for a few days.

I'm going to try and reenable WiFi and see if there's a correlation with WeatherFlow.
    I sent my phone to Nokia repair center and they said it didn't have anything and that they couldn't recreate the problem.They said all the tests they did to the phone came fine and that device is OK. After two days after getting it back it did the same thing. I put my phone on test mode through Nokia Care Suite and ran all the tests and indeed every test comes OK. Really don't know what could be the problem. I'm just getting use to it cause it is not that bad in my phone. It just goes off when i don't use it for a while(5 to 6 hours) or when i leave it on the charger. I also have the wireless charger and i have tried to use it with no apps for a few days and it still doing it. I have tried everything. Hard reset and use it with no apps, soft reset, background task off, wi fi off, different chargers; i mean everything and it still goes off whenever it wants. I have to soft reset to power back on every time it goes off.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast