Nokia Lumia 920 turns off by itself

technostein

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have problems when turning bluetooth on after about 20 seconds of messing around with my phone while bluetooth is on it freezes and restarts

Amj73

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
What I did is factory reset. I lost all my personal data and the installed programs. I had to setup my phone as if it is new. The problem was solved for a couple of days. Today in the morning, I found out that my phone turned off completely and had to start it by pressing volume down+ power buttons. I believe it is some applications I installed that is causing this problem.

nic comino

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Here's an idea left of field ( way lof) - stick it on a cold surface (like a pack of frozen peas from the freezer) and see if it works then. Seriously!

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Return it and get a new one. My device never reset itself, even when I had skype installed and nokia drive installed.

Amj73

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I sent it for Nokia Service. They said it is a software issue and they will reinstall the software to solve the problem. The next day I got the phone, did not install any apps, went to sleep at 1:00 am, woke up at 6:00 am, SURPRISE!THE PHONE IS DEAD AGAIN. Nokia is the worst company ever and their service is the worst.

ynight

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
It happened to me one time in about one month using. I don't know why it happened, but since I have had a ton of white apple before, that's not totally unexpected for mr
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

eldeenmaan

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Got the phone launch day in USA. Had that problem a few times. 4 days later went to AT&T and told them the problem (exact same as yours). They knew it was common on some units and gave me a new one. No problems since and I have all the supposed problematic apps mentioned in this thread.

channing0214

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have had my Lumia 920 for almost a month and just recently it has started turning off and back on again by itself. It goes in loop for about three times...AT&T Symbol Screen, then Nokia Logo, then it turns off...repeats x 3 and then turns on again. It did this one time last week, and now I noticed it happening today when I went to look at my phone. Who knows how many times it has done it when I wasn't looking.

It happened this morning and hasn't done it again so far today. Any ideas on what I should do?

azasadny

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I've had my 920 since 11/9 and it has never shut down, take it back and get a replacement!

Spoke too soon, I guess as my phone shut itself off this AM as I was driving into work. I had to do the "three finger salute" to soft reset it and it came right back. 1st time this has happened... I was on a phone call via Bluetooth in my car, if that matters...

David Cheang

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I bought mine about 2 weeks ago, started turning off itself about 3 days later. Been happening up to x3 per day but usually 1-2 times daily. Very annoying as I have to reset the date and time every time. Spoken to dealer about it yesterday who recommended a hard reset and if not resolved they will replace it (phones4u). Just so happens on the same day I spoke to them I then received an update for one of the WM apps, I cannot exactly remember what it's called something to do with display / touch. Anyway, updated that and since then no more turning off of the phone. Not done hard reset yet.

Well it's been <24 hours so might be early days but I was chuffed that it stayed on throughout whole night whereas it has been turning off every night before the update. Anyone with similar experience or recall what that update is called?? Cheers..... fingers and toes crossed. The phone is amazing to use otherwise.

Last edited:

CaptDjob

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I have issues as You. Updating the display didn't help. Now I noticed that in temperature close to Zero deg, phone is unusable because rebooting constantly. When phone warms up, rebooting stops and goes back to normal twice/day reboot mode.

Starting to get slightly irritated.

goldfinch711

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Have had the same issues, but only when charging wirelessly. The past two days my phone charged well since I've installed the display+touch update. Hope the lockups are gone now.

RickS2

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Same issue. Mine likes to shutdown at night so my alarm does not go off. Got some app updates and it was OK for about 1 day and then shut itself down again.

wharfratg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I never had a problem before, but after the updates yesterday I started having quick battery drain until I restarted the phone. Then last night it shut down overnight while on the wireless charging pad. It was frozen and had a permanent "Nokia" displayed on the black screen. I reset with the vol + on/off and it seems to be OK so far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon