Nokia Lumia 920 turns off by itself

Amj73

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Long ago I have decided not to buy any Nokia phone because I had so many problems with Nokia phones. I bought the Nokia Lumia 920 two days ago because I thought that Nokia will try its best to solve all problems with the new system and work hard on a phone that will save Nokia. Unfortunately I was wrong. MY phone turns off completely by itself even though the battery is full. That is not the only problem. WHAT IS WORSE IS THAT I CANNOT START THE PHONE NORMALLY BY PRESSING THE POWER BUTTON. After searching the net I found that I have to press the two volume buttons and the power button at the same time to start the phone. Is that possible with a new costly phone? Please help.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Since you've only had it two days, why don't you take it back and have them look at it. Sounds like a bad phone.

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Mine locked up the very first day and hasn't done it until a couple days ago and now it's done it once a day. My recommendation is to check these apps and uninstall them if you don't need them and hold out for the updates. The two biggest culprits are Nokia Drive Beta and Words with Friends from reading these forums.

I ran Drive with no issues for a while but I finally just removed it to see if it would get any better. It is in Beta so issues are to be expected. I have not installed Words with friends but I've heard it can be a problem as well. Also in your background tasks turn off any app that you don't need to in the background.

There's talks of MS and Nokia releasing some updates soon which hopefully will resolve these issues.

It's a new OS and it was released in such a short time I don't think proper testing was able to be done so there are bugs and kinks to work out!

Just hang in there though :)

Amj73

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks a lot for your help. I had nokia drive beta on my phone. I just uninstalled it. I hope this will solve my problem.

CatGuyTX

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Had the same issue! I'm on my 2nd one in as many weeks. The 1st one lasted 6 days and it was dead in the water...."Bricked" Nothing would revive it. The 2nd one bricked last night. Again, nothing would revive it, but magically, it woke up on its own with a 20 minute late text message. Makes no sense. I'ma uninstall Nokia drive beta and see if I have any more issues. I'm doing that right now! My friends LCD went out after 4 days.

SunDevilDave

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Same problem here. Got my wifes phone at the same time....she hasn't had the problem but I have. We are using the same setup, so I suspect hardware :unhappy: .

CatGuyTX

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't have Skype on mine but I did uninstall Nokia Drive+Beta last night. So far I haven't had an issue but it has only happened twice in two weeks so I don't know if that solved the issue or not.:straight:

Amj73

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
My phone did it again even after uninstalling nokia drive. Should I hard reset my phone or is there any other solution?

Amj73

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I factory reseted my phone. It took two minutes. I was afraid I will loose my phone. I will have to wait and see if this is going to solve the problem.

CatGuyTX

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Amj73, did you have to go through the whole setup process again? Did you lose any installed installed apps? Did you do a "hard" or "soft" reset. They are actually different.

swap9

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
inspite of a very weak windows app market i still made up my mind for lumia 920, but after reading all the above complaints now im a bit confused, is this phone a complete disappointment ? plz help.

permathisen

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi!
I have had My lumia 920 for a couple of weeks now and had the same problem as you. The phone turning itself off. I tried almost everything, resetting the phone to factory settings,turn NFC off,deinstalling programs. I finally think I found the solution. I sat the screen lock to "never turn off" and my 920 is working perfectly after that..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism