Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 57
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Navruz80's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #26  
    May 2013
    Last edited by Navruz80; 01-01-2013 at 03:43 AM. Reason: wrong word
  2. devil.insulted's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    143 Posts
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    #27  
    For my phone exact date given is 19th May 2013 got it 2 days back from AT&T after a lot of tries
  3. canuck66's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #28  
    This is the second forum on this site where a user has stated that they have unlocked their Lumia 920. When they are asked to confirm that they sucessfully unlocked a Lumia 920 that had been locked to AT&T they go silent and leave the rest of us hanging. If you are going to be a member of WPCentral the least you can do is answer direct questions from other users. Here is what brannicj asked;
    "Sam, just to confirm, you have an ATT Lumis 920 and gsmfast has unlocked it for you? Have you confirmed it is unlocked? How long of a turnaround?"
  4. ninjaap's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,454 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    #29  
    ATT does not release codes until after 6 months of the phone's release. I tried to get it when I bought the Focus 2 yrs ago, Lumia 900 a year ago, and now same story with the 920. Gotta wait 6 months.
  5. caribouroader's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    #30  
    Has anyone tried to unlock the Lumia 920 via cable?
  6. kaybal1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    #31  
    After several attempt and millions of calls, I finally got my unlock code (that works) from AT&T today and it works. HURRRAYYYY.

    I posted here several weeks ago that they 1st sent me an unlock code which was wrong. I called them and told them that the code was wrong and they said that was what they got from Nokia.
    I then started calling back and all of them said they cannot unlock it until May 2013. After several calls, I got a lady that was so helpful. She said since I already got a code that doesn't work. She'll open a new ticket and write a full detail of description that they should get back to manufacturer as if it was a new code i was looking for and get me a new one.

    Today, i got an email from them with the new code which was different for the old one and it WORKS....

    Note: This is worth taking note. The attempts of trial to unlock a WP8 Nokia is UNLIMITED. So you will never be permanently locked unto AT&T network..

    Below: was the instruction I got from AT&T.

    INSTRUCTIONS:
    General:
    •WP8 SIM unlock code length is 20 digits
    •The SIM lock solution will be similar as BB5v3 (Sim Lock 3)
    •Lock level 7 is used in WP8
    •Unlocking with level 7 unlock code will open all lock levels
    •Unlimited amount of unlocking attempts

    Unlocking instructions for Using SIM Card not valid for the SIM Lock:
    •Switch the phone off
    •Insert not valid SIM Card into the phone
    •Switch the phone on and enter SIM card PIN code if requested
    •Wait for the SIM unlock UI to open
    •Type in the SIM unlock code (20 digits) and press “enter”
  7. devil.insulted's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    143 Posts
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by kaybal1 View Post
    After several attempt and millions of calls, I finally got my unlock code (that works) from AT&T today and it works. HURRRAYYYY.

    I posted here several weeks ago that they 1st sent me an unlock code which was wrong. I called them and told them that the code was wrong and they said that was what they got from Nokia.
    I then started calling back and all of them said they cannot unlock it until May 2013. After several calls, I got a lady that was so helpful. She said since I already got a code that doesn't work. She'll open a new ticket and write a full detail of description that they should get back to manufacturer as if it was a new code i was looking for and get me a new one.

    Today, i got an email from them with the new code which was different for the old one and it WORKS....

    Note: This is worth taking note. The attempts of trial to unlock a WP8 Nokia is UNLIMITED. So you will never be permanently locked unto AT&T network..

    Below: was the instruction I got from AT&T.

    INSTRUCTIONS:
    General:
    •WP8 SIM unlock code length is 20 digits
    •The SIM lock solution will be similar as BB5v3 (Sim Lock 3)
    •Lock level 7 is used in WP8
    •Unlocking with level 7 unlock code will open all lock levels
    •Unlimited amount of unlocking attempts

    Unlocking instructions for Using SIM Card not valid for the SIM Lock:
    •Switch the phone off
    •Insert not valid SIM Card into the phone
    •Switch the phone on and enter SIM card PIN code if requested
    •Wait for the SIM unlock UI to open
    •Type in the SIM unlock code (20 digits) and press “enter”


    Great info trying that now.

    Edit: Tried it and they denied it again, stating my account is a Go Phone Account.
    Last edited by devil.insulted; 01-11-2013 at 02:41 PM.
  8. sukku's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #33  
    Are these unlock codes specific to IMIE numbers ?
    Or is that, you unlock code can unlock my Lumia 920 too ?
  9. devil.insulted's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    143 Posts
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    #34  
    yes unlock code are specific to imei numbers.
  10. masaga91's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    #35  
    mmmmm i'm not from the usa so, what is the number of att?
  11. caribouroader's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    #36  
    Hi...does anyone know if there is any way to manually change the phone frequency setting?... I have an unlocked 920 which did work on my Telus GMS/HSPA+ network. I subsequently removed my SIM and then the next time I inserted it into the phone I received message 'SIM card is missing or invalid'. I know the SIM is good since I have used it on other mobiles.

    By the way I was able to get the unlock code emailed to me from AT & T after three calls to them, and explaining to them that since I live in Canada I could not satisfy any of their customer preconditions for unlocking (ie-3 months as their customer & account in good standing)./

    Thanks
  12. brannicj's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by caribouroader View Post
    Hi...does anyone know if there is any way to manually change the phone frequency setting?... I have an unlocked 920 which did work on my Telus GMS/HSPA+ network. I subsequently removed my SIM and then the next time I inserted it into the phone I received message 'SIM card is missing or invalid'. I know the SIM is good since I have used it on other mobiles.

    By the way I was able to get the unlock code emailed to me from AT & T after three calls to them, and explaining to them that since I live in Canada I could not satisfy any of their customer preconditions for unlocking (ie-3 months as their customer & account in good standing)./

    Thanks
    Hi caribouroader, I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. I live in Canada too, currently use Telus with my old windows phone and have an ATT Lumia 920 but mine is still locked so no go at the moment (bummer). When you got your phone unlocked, did you have an account with ATT, or did you just call them out of the blue?
  13. devil.insulted's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    143 Posts
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by caribouroader View Post
    Hi...does anyone know if there is any way to manually change the phone frequency setting?... I have an unlocked 920 which did work on my Telus GMS/HSPA+ network. I subsequently removed my SIM and then the next time I inserted it into the phone I received message 'SIM card is missing or invalid'. I know the SIM is good since I have used it on other mobiles.

    By the way I was able to get the unlock code emailed to me from AT & T after three calls to them, and explaining to them that since I live in Canada I could not satisfy any of their customer preconditions for unlocking (ie-3 months as their customer & account in good standing)./

    Thanks
    I have tried it atleast 5 times and they just deny me stating that phone is exclusive and will be unlocked only after May 2013.
    Any suggestions as to what did you tell them, to have their mind changed.
  14. caribouroader's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    #39  
    Just called them out of the blue but had to make three calls until I found a sympathetic ear ...two days later I received an email with the 20 digit unlock code!
  15. caribouroader's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by devil.insulted View Post
    I have tried it atleast 5 times and they just deny me stating that phone is exclusive and will be unlocked only after May 2013.
    Any suggestions as to what did you tell them, to have their mind changed.
    I was initially told the same thing and did receive an email confirming same...but I called another two times and guess I was lucky enough to speak to someone who was sympathetic...probably helpful that I live Canada and couldn't become an AT & T customer even if I wanted to.
  16. kaybal1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    #41  
    Like I said earlier on my post, I called several times (can't even remember how many) and I was rejected most of these times. But as @caribouroader said, you just have to keep trying until you get a sympathetic rep to answer your call. They will open a case ticket for you and then you'll receive the code in your email after few days. Oh, another point is I hope you bought your phone uncommited, i.e. full price.
    All i can say is just keep trying and you'll find someone who will help. If you found someone nice enough that is ready to listen, just tell them to try and open a case for it.
  17. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by caribouroader View Post
    I was initially told the same thing and did receive an email confirming same...but I called another two times and guess I was lucky enough to speak to someone who was sympathetic...probably helpful that I live Canada and couldn't become an AT & T customer even if I wanted to.
    have you ever activated your phone with at&t? i tried calling them they said they could send me the code but i dont have an account and said i should have at least used the phone with at&t. im in the philippines so i cant use at&t.
    Last edited by absorbingman013; 01-23-2013 at 12:51 PM. Reason: add
  18. caribouroader's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by absorbingman013 View Post
    have you ever activated your phone with at&t? i tried calling them they said they could send me the code but i dont have an account and said i should have at least used the phone with at&t. im in the philippines so i cant use at&t.
    No, I never activated with AT & T... like you, as a non US resident I couldn't even if I wanted to.
  19. brannicj's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by caribouroader View Post
    No, I never activated with AT & T... like you, as a non US resident I couldn't even if I wanted to.
    I bought my phone full price and never activated it yet either, nor do I have an account with ATT. I called today to their international phone service number 800 335 4685 but when the person tried my IMEI nothing came up on their screen. We triple checked my IMEI and it was the right one so either they lied or had no clue. What number did you phone?
  20. jpascualm71's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    7 Posts
    #45  
    I unlocked my Nokia Lumia 900 with Phone Service Factory, unlock any cell phone around the world they have good prices and they are fast
  21. devil.insulted's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    143 Posts
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    #46  
    Without activating the phone its fairly difficult.
    I got an open case with ATT for unlock but I got an email in abt 10 mins stating that i did not meet the minimum criteria.
  22. devil.insulted's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    143 Posts
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    #47  
    unlocking has become illegal in us from tomorrow onwards.
  23. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by jpascualm71 View Post
    I unlocked my Nokia Lumia 900 with Phone Service Factory, unlock any cell phone around the world they have good prices and they are fast

    What is the site address please
  24. pieman666's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    29 Posts
    #49  
    I used Unlock your Mobile Phone online. Unlock mobile phones by code quickly and easily to use your desired network carrier sim card on my UK EE 920, worth a check to see if they can do other AT&T took 6 days to get the code, they sent two the second of which worked

    EDIT: odd just pasted the url in, didn't ask for all that extra advert goodness...
  25. marksample's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    #50  
    sharing my success!!! i got my nokia lumia 920 and 820 unlocked today!!! after months and hearing i have to wait more i got it done by gsmfast.net .Happy new year well a bit late but im sure its good news.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. AT&T Nokia Lumia 920 Unlock?
    By Lumia920User in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 228
    Last Post: 05-14-2013, 01:16 AM
  2. Unlocked AT&T Lumia 920
    By GZAZ in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 01-03-2013, 08:40 PM
  3. Expansys USA selling unlocked AT&T Lumia 920
    By GZAZ in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-29-2012, 02:04 PM
  4. Unlocking AT&T Lumia 920 with developer account???
    By richardzado in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-27-2012, 12:09 PM
  5. Unlocking AT&T Lumia 920 with a developer account??
    By richardzado in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-18-2012, 06:57 PM

Posting Permissions