- 11-30-2012, 05:06 PM #1
I have an @live.com account that has been migrated over to outlook. It is setup on my L920 as an outlook account and is set for push email. Up until yesterday it had been working okay. Now it is not pushing email but rather it is between 15-20 minutes delayed, emails deleted on the phone don't delete from the server, calendar items aren't syncing correctly, etc..
I have removed the account and re-added it but it is still having issues. My gmail account that is on the 920 pushes email instantly so I don't think it's the phone. I did power cycle it. It is very annoying and rather disconcerting as I have already missed a couple of very important emails.
- 11-30-2012, 05:43 PM #2
Open outlook - open email on phone - delete an email on phone and refresh outlook on pc (nothing changes), now select sync on phone and refresh outlook on pc and the email you just deleted on phone will be gone on the pc...
Last night everything disappeared on my phone calendar, and with no changes it came back later on. (Not sure whats going on there)
- 11-30-2012, 05:49 PM #3
- 11-30-2012, 10:28 PM #4
This is getting very annoying as I cannot pinpoint what is causing this. Cannot determine if this is a phone issue or an outlook/live account issue. When I send an email from my gmail account to my live account it arrives in my live inbox instantly but neither my ipad nor my 920 receive it for 10-20 minutes via EAS push email. But if I send an email from my live account to my gmail account it also lands in my gmail inbox instantly but my ipad and 920 get it instantly via EAS. So, I am lost as to what is causing this.
Both my ipad and 920 are currently on my home wifi network, which is connects to comcast hsi. The issue still happens if I disconnect the 920 from wifi and rely on at&t.
11-30-2012, 10:33 PM #5
- 76 Posts
I just double checked, mine seems to be working fine. Sends/Deletes/Receives/Read Flags are all working in both directions for me.
(mine is a direct exchange account created and hosted on my school districts exchange server) Maybe yours is stemming from the fact that your account was migrated over? Not sure.
- 12-01-2012, 01:50 PM #6
Just wanted to say that with the help of my local Microsoft Store we got this fixed. Here is what happened:
1. When I setup my phone and signed in with my live.com account it set it up as a 'microsoft account' (aka hotmail) and was using the server 'snt-m.hotmail.com'. This was working fine until a few days ago.
2. I setup the account a second time as an 'outlook' account and it was using the server 'blu-m.hotmail.com' and it was working perfectly.
3. So in the 'microsoft account' I changed the server from 'snt-m.hotmail.com' to 'blu-m.hotmail.com' and guess what....it starting using push email normally.
4. I removed the second 'outlook' account and set a series of test emails from my gmail account. All of them appeared instantly on the WP.
It seems what ever reason the 'snt-m.hotmail.com' server seems to be having issues with my live.com account. Have no idea why but I am just happy that we figured it out.
- By Tyndall in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 15Last Post: 09-18-2014, 08:25 PM
- By Chowdah72 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 125Last Post: 08-30-2012, 09:01 PM
- By jasqid in forum HTC Arrive / 7 ProReplies: 15Last Post: 03-14-2012, 08:55 AM
- By Sirhill in forum HTC TITANReplies: 17Last Post: 02-19-2012, 02:55 AM
- By gsquared in forum ZuneReplies: 4Last Post: 09-09-2011, 03:22 PM