Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts

Yeah, tried that out today. Very cool. Not sure I'd have any practical need for it, but it's a great tech demo to show off to friends :D

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    I just figured out (for myself, anyway), once you are in the app, as you scroll through the pics on your phone, they update automatically on the slave screen.

Awesome app. Going to try screen sharing with a mate on skype later to see if it will work that way

It's pretty cool. Not very responsive, though. Swiping sync is slow, if it syncs at all.

Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts
    Used it today in uni on a group meeting. :D

Worked very well, though could be faster. I'm sure we will see updates for this.

Where ate you seeing this? I've read several reviews but can't find it in the (US) marketplace :(
    Sent from my white Lumia 920 using Board Express

Quote Originally Posted by Expat64 View Post
    Where ate you seeing this? I've read several reviews but can't find it in the (US) marketplace :(
    Sent from my white Lumia 920 using Board Express
    The news article here on WPCentral links to it. I just tapped on that.
    Last edited by John Kwon; 12-01-2012 at 08:23 AM.

Global Posts
    547 Global Posts
    I showed this to a few people at work, and their reaction was "OMG that is SOOO cool where can I get that app?!?!"..... They're android and IOS users, so they were out-of-luck. Very unique thing to show people as long as your connection speed is adequate so it responds quickly. (I got mixed results, but overall it was surprisingly good)
    Cool app, got my iphone buddy looking for a similar app.

showed it to my collegues in office, and they were so impressed. It is a little slow at times, but when I was showing off, it was just seamless.

Hoping for more upgrades in the future. Maybe sharing videos? or atleast sharing our pics from my skydrive.

But a great concept. Kudos to Nokia!!!

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    is this the program that's draining the battery? i read on this forum, somebody stated photobeamer is eating up battery like the nokia drive app.

any users notice significant changes to the battery after installing/using this app?
    Lumia 920
    Quote Originally Posted by JConn_Lefty View Post
    is this the program that's draining the battery? i read on this forum, somebody stated photobeamer is eating up battery like the nokia drive app.

any users notice significant changes to the battery after installing/using this app?
    Its been installed and I've used it a few times now, I don't notice anything different.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by masterfisherman View Post
    Its been installed and I've used it a few times now, I don't notice anything different.
    Ditto...
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    WOW thats soooooo COOL!!!!.

I really enojy finding new thing to do on my phone. that other days was the Bing Vision Translator that really impressed my bosses

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by riffraffy View Post
    showed this to my sister last night. she has an atrix 2. she liked it alot.

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by masterfisherman View Post
    good to know. i just got it and tried it out myself. def cool.

no issue with battery either.
    Lumia 920

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Just tried that...soooo BA!!!

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Does anyone else have a problem with the QR code recognition part? The camera keeps trying to refocus on mine by itself...won't let me do anything.

Wow, that is cool!

** Edit **

This is seriously cool. I just discovered you can scroll through the album too. It's like using apple airplay but better in some ways.

Global Posts
    1,178 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vlhuynh View Post
    Does anyone else have a problem with the QR code recognition part? The camera keeps trying to refocus on mine by itself...won't let me do anything.
    I have the same issue man, deleting and re-installing the app doesn't work. The sad part is that it worked just fine the first few times... I really want this app working.
    Quote Originally Posted by vlhuynh View Post
    +1, how did you resolve this?
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.

Global Posts
    298 Global Posts
    Well i used this to show my photos to my parents in india. I am from usa. or else transfering it to them is very difficult. It was very eacy. They had to save the QR image and send it to me and i scanned it with my phone and started the show. it was great. Great App. Well ofcourse they cannot save it, which was their complaint.. but anyway they got to see the pictures from the last 3 to 4 months.. :)

This is a really cool app. It's one of those things that I would never have been able to come up with. I would have said .. yeah .. there is no way to do this and make it so simple ... I'm glad there are lateral thinkers out there.

Photobeamer was working for me earlier today. However I just tried it again to demo it to someone else and I keep getting an error when I launch PhotoBeamer:

"Can't connect
    There's a problem connecting with the internet. Check your connection and try again."

Anyone else also getting this? I tried resetting my WiFi, and also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but to no avail. Any suggestions what else I could try?

Note: I verified that my WiFi is working since IE and any of my other apps are working just fine.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast