Great news: For people who didn't receive extras+info update.

emptyy

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The link will automatically bring you to Marketplace when you scan it with your phone, and update the software with a simple tap. If you do not have a QR Code scanner, go to the Marketplace, search "Scan" and install the app that with a red icon( It should appear in the first search result). Publisher: Scan, Inc.

vamitra

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, that was the only option i had. Those updates would never show, and the windows phone site didn't even list them as installed on my phone. I wonder if it was because I skipped signing in to the phone the first time it started, and signed in later.

Last edited:

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Maybe the reason why some people are not getting the updates is because those updates are for only a certain batch of phones? I don't know if this is correct but forcing something like this sounds a bit dangerous...

vamitra

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Actually, in my case it wasn't in any way forcing, all the QR code did was open the store with the application page. Then the store application automatically marks it as something that can be updated, and you can update at the main screen. For some reason the phone just fails to recognize the updates exist. In my case I have been on the cell phone, disabled wifi, tried restarting, reset phone etc. But it is very a frustrating thing when you cant update any application without manually visiting each application page in the store.

Imagine have 30 applications installed, and having to visit each ones page to update.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Maybe the reason why some people are not getting the updates is because those updates are for only a certain batch of phones? I don't know if this is correct but forcing something like this sounds a bit dangerous...

rUuTq.gif

A_Hel

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I can't download it, says it's not available for my phone (which, of course, is a L920).

I had to flash it after it bricked, since then I don't see any Nokia apps in the market place. Anyway, even before I flashed it, I would have to update manually. As instance, I wasn't aware of any Nokia Maps update, I simply look after it in the market place and saw I could update it. So, never had any kind of notification and now it's even worst because I can't even find the apps myself.

Can anybody help me? Is it because of the ROM I've installed or is it because I'm in Belgium? The phone is supposed to be released here in two months, I've a german unlocked version and the ROM I've reinstalled is a rm-821 unlocked german one as well, so far everything is working fine besides this marketplace issue.

dkshao

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
If you do not have a QR Code scanner, go to the Marketplace, search "Scan" and install the app that with a red icon( It should appear in the first search result). Publisher: Scan, Inc.

ALL windows phones running 7.5 and above (including wp8) has built in OS level QR code scanning, in my experience it works better then any app.
Just press the search button at the bottom of the phone, then press the eye icon for bing vision, this scans QR codes no worries.

kacheng

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
If you do not have a QR Code scanner, go to the Marketplace, search "Scan" and install the app that with a red icon( It should appear in the first search result). Publisher: Scan, Inc.
You realize that it's build-in? Just hit the search button and then the eye in the middle.

Digital Moe

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I factory rest my pone last night (yes bricked and had to reflash it) and I had 9 downloads that failed to do download and it appears to be all the Nokia apps. If I go into the app it will then show me there is a update but nothing for the Extra and Info updates but this method allows me to redownload them.

MS_DOS_3

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
What about nokia feedback and call+sms? Weren't those updated as well?

Also wasn't there a display update?

Last edited:

K Raghu

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I used the same link above for the application the QR codes get me the latest software.

When i do a check manually doesn't work is it AT&T issue Nokia issue or MS ? Some one needs to address it

Please Can some post QR codes for all default app's that come with the phone... I did a reset yesterday for no reason...

Regards
K.R

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills