Unlocked Rogers Nokia 920 on T-Mobile USA & Tethering

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Funny thing is I was talking to their online chat support yesterday.... and they said the phones are to be delivered to them unlocked... they just open them up to make sure there are no defects before shipment. I figured that didn't sound right.

Think I may place the order tonight with them... just trying to justify the cost... even though it is cheaper then every other vendor online right now...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Is that really true? They remove the estimate date so that would be something. It either they have stock but still waiting for unlock or they have it unlock and will ship it right away. I think I might need to email them or chat with them next week to see if it's true. I could wait another week but I hope that is not the case. Pre-order month ago and still looking at my ancient HD7 :straight:

aweinograd

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Visual voicemail should work properly. Look like negri has stock and just waiting for the unlock code to get these unlocked, then they can ship to the pre-order first. I hope they can unlock really soon so I can get my phone early before Christmas. Wait freaking long now. :unhappy:

I am pretty sure they don't have it in stock. I checked in with them yesterday again and they said they didn't. The availability date has now been removed, that doesn't seem encouraging.

mtmjr90

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I am pretty sure they don't have it in stock. I checked in with them yesterday again and they said they didn't. The availability date has now been removed, that doesn't seem encouraging.

When I contacted them, they said they had plenty of stock of Rogers 920s...they're just waiting on unlock codes.

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
That's good to hear. I usually ask them once a day and get the "when we have it in stock we will send it to you" responses.
Somehow I hate their rep. I don't really know who I was talking with. Last time I checked their twit, they said they are waiting for unlock code as some people heard that when they contact one of the reps. In my case, every time I chat with them, the rep Ted always picks up and every time he said they are working on stocking these device. As least I know for sure that they just follow procedure and they indeed have some in stock which still locked.

GameOver69

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
ok so i managed to get my Rogers Nokia 920, unlocked it and fully working on TMOBILE USA.

Heres my dilemma, and its weird. With my sim card, i have no issues tethering from the Nokia 920. Now this phone is for my wife. When she puts in her card... cant tether, tmobile wants sign up for mobile hotspot.

She has the same plan as me (unlimited nationwide 4g). Now i know tethering isnt allowed on this plan, but its nice to have as a just in case, which is what i normally use it for on my SGS III.

my wife used to be able to tether from her SGS II, but now for whatever reason she cant with her card.

Anyone have any ideas, or suggestions that may help?

Regards,

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
My unlocked Rogers 920 doesn't tether on ATT, even though I bought the 5GB plan. I tried the foreign language keyboard update, still doesn't work.

Anyone got theirs working?

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I just ordered the black unlocked rogers lumia 920 from Negri. Can't wait till it gets here, finally getting rid of android. I hope tethering works which I only need once in a great while. I'm going to try it on T-mobile's $30 plan.

If purchased through att, i would be paying 50$ for phone and 90$ for two years = $2210
Bought the phone for $680 plus $30 for two years = $1400
Saving $810 over the coarse of two years. Not bad and I'd much rather be on T-mobiles network anyway. Plus I can always switch to the $50 plan to get unlimited talk too if needed.

pass11

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey, is anyone having connectivity issues with their unlocked Rogers Lumina 920 on T-Mobile USA? The phone says I'm on 4g most of the time but often when I try to download apps or something like that it either suddenly shows just the bars, no 4g and says there's no data connection or takes really long to download the app or present the web page. On WiFi everything seems fine.

MrKrishna

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone -

I have a BUILD 920 on T-Mobile, and when I enable tethering, I get a prompt on the tethered device to pay for T-Mobile Hotspot. I have an Android phone on the same account that tethers with no issues. Any thoughts on how I can get it to work on my 920? Maybe an APN setting or something?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett