I'm honestly afraid of my L920...

daylater

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Seriously, im genuinely scared each time I pick it up.

Its so beautiful; sleek, smooth, and the matte finish (cyan) is amazing, but its also near frictionless to the touch of a dry hand.

I'm absolutely terrified I'll drop the thing!

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site

Its so beautiful; sleek, smooth, and the matte finish (cyan) is amazing, but its also near frictionless to the touch of a dry hand.

I have a simple solution for you. I send you $300 and you send me the 920. That would solve both our problems. Seriously, you might look at one of the silicon soft sleeves to give it some grip. Although, my first suggestion is still on the table.

Jmaxim

Banned
Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I have the same phone with the same issue. My solution for now is it never leaves my apt and no one is allowed it touch it. Have become used to switching the sim card between phones. I also mentioned the slipperyness in a previous post and some d... a.. suggested I roughen up my hands.

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
If you still within the exchange period, swap the matte model for a glossy model.
The glossy model may look deceivingly slippery but it's not at all. It got more grip than the matte model. Try it.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
My solution was MS Assure. It was a no brainer for me. Devices are bound to get dings. I used to be anal about my devices, but have honestly realized that it's much nicer not to stress about such simple things. It helps that I am out of school (finally) and actually making money too, lol.

Allen Balkema

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
get a tpu case off amazon for like $5, that's what I have had for every phone in the past year and a half, and I've had a Samsung Focus, an iPhone 4, and an HTC one x, I currently have a white 920. Get a tpu case they are awesome

Allen Balkema

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have the same phone with the same issue. My solution for now is it never leaves my apt and no one is allowed it touch it. Have become used to switching the sim card between phones. I also mentioned the slipperyness in a previous post and some d... a.. suggested I roughen up my hands.

I hope you're kidding

TigerMyth36

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Mine has already taken a few drops. It is slick so be careful not to leave it in your lap. Any movement can cause it to fly off. It took a pretty good tumble from my shirt pocket, bouncing off the dishwasher and onto a hardwood floor.

That drop made me realize I need to get a case. I'm just not careful enough with the phone. Lucky is survived that bounce off the floor.

soloist_huaxin

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Yellow 920 here - 2 out of my 3 drops happens when i put it on the lap while driving and that thing slipped underneath the seat. (yes both the 920 and my car are still intact). The other time it fell out of my pocket 5 minutes after I picked it up from store and fell on wood floor. and yes both the 920 and the floor are fine. The glossy finish is slick, I haven't had extended experience with matte finish so can't say much. but remember: it's a NOKIA, so don't worry too much about the phone when it drops under normal situation(i.e. not from 3rd floor)...

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3