gaps for dust on the sides of the screen :(

technostein

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I love my lumia to pieces. But there is gaps at the sides of the phone that get al sorts of dirt and dust stuck. Ive had this phone for a few days and it already has dirt down the edge! Has anyone else noticed this? And will it effect screen performance or anything in lets say. Within a year? And would a case really help or will that help trap it?

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Ive noticed this too and it took me forever to fish out a chunk of tiny debris that was between the screen and the case.

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
No gaps on mine, the screen is a tight, close fit to the casing, all around.

how long have you had your phone for? I've seen at least a half dozen and they all have it. Its not a defect, its just how the casing is. Give it time, you'll notice some dust. i can really only see mine when I am out in the sun. Indoors i can't see it at all.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
No offense to anyone here, but dust getting under camera lenses simply should t happen. Whether you can deal with it or not, that's your prerogative, but you shouldn't have to.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have air duster but when i use it it squirts out a liquid ::S???? So daren't. Use it on my phone. Argh :(

You're holding it wrong.

I need to invest in a can of compressed air my self. I've noticed dust accumulating in the gaps as well. Really an eye sore!

Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Put the can of compressed air steady on a table, hold it there while spraying. No liquid should come out then. My can of air does the same.
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Foroplex

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Swipe a corner of a piece of paper in the gap. Works great. I imagine using compressed air would push the dust into the phone more than the paper would.

rimlover

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
ok, i literally just got of the phone with the nokia tech support. my phone is under warranty and i have the option to send it in but i see that its a design flaw versus a personal phone defect. the lady said she hasn't encountered anyone calling about this issue before. i don't want to return it and end up getting a worst phone then my current one.

Munibullah Wahdy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
If you keep doing that then the sides will become loose and even more dust can get in. This is simply Nokia loosing it on quality (company going down..maybe).. Anyway, my phone has a little and you could not have noticed it when it was brand new. I bought a good drop protection for it and only took it out to clean the screen. After a while i realized the dist gathering up on the the left side. Not so much on the right and i could clean it by just blowing over it. I notice the left side was not perfectly straight and bulging outwards. This was a minor fault but its a fault that destroys the look and soon after you can see the the dust easily. So i sent it back for assessment .........along with other software problems :eck:

deerfaced

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Mines got loads too. Looks gross. It's completely flush everywhere else, bar the top - and its much worse on the left hand side. Also got big specks under the f. camera.

rimlover

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Mines got loads too. Looks gross. It's completely flush everywhere else, bar the top - and its much worse on the left hand side. Also got big specks under the f. camera.

honestly i called nokia and i got really mad and told them the story and they sent me to a specialized team. also, emailing the CEO (like many people suggested before me) got me a replay from someone high up there and they said they would personally over see the problem and why i had to return it so many times. i hope it works out for you:)

Munibullah Wahdy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I sent mine through P4U and they sent me back saying "the engineer assigned to the phone did not find any problem" well maybe he was blind or something because i can clearly see the gap. I think describing the fault does not HELP them see it unless they think it is a fault regardless the problems customer faces. Tomorrow ill go in person into the nokia care center and shove the faults into their thick heads so that they see the fault in the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3