Nokia Collection dissapeared?!

tranite

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I bought my Lumia 920 on Tuesday, and I have not had Nokia Collection in my Store since Wednesday, it was visible from Tuesday to Wednesday, but when I entered I just got the message "No results".. On Wednesday it dissapeared, so now I only have Apps, Games and Music on my Store..

What can I do to fix this? Anyone else having the same issue?

I have read the fixes for the 900, with the XBOX hub app and I have tried it many times every day, I have tried turning my phone on/off, I have tried syncing my accounts, several times, and still nothing showing.. Do I have to hard reset my phone?

Per Jennische

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The same thing happened to my Lumia 820 purchased in Hong Kong. When I got it it was set up with Hong Kong as region. After I changed it to Sweden where I come from the Nokia collection dissapered. Someone was suggesting on an other forum that a hard reset could solve the problem but I would prefer an other solution. so that I don;t have to download all my apps again.

05Paris

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
As I started reading this I checked and my Nokia Collection, too, wouldn't open. I check the other Store sites and they wouldn't open either at first. After trying several times first the AT&T Collection connected, then each other but it took and unusual amount of time. Then back to the Nokia Collection and it popped right up. Probably just one of those things...

tranite

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
The thing is: I'm from Norway, but I don't want the phone language to be Norwegian, I want it to be English. That is where my problem is. If I use Norwegian / Norway, it works. If I use English (United States) / United States it works. But when I use English / Norway, then it doesn't work...

On the Nokia troubleshooting link added earlier by Ekin Koc, it says
"The Nokia Collection content in Windows Phone 8 is set according to Settings for Language + Country/Region. To see the content of Nokia Collection, the phone Language need to be the same than Country/Region. The fix is driven by Microsoft, and will come at end of November 2012."
Does this mean that I can't use English as my phone language? And is this something Microsoft is fixing?

inffy

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
At the moment there is a bug with the settings. If your Phone language and the Country/Region settings differ (f.ex for me they are Finnish/Finland) the Nokia Collection works.

But if I change the language to English and leave country/region to Finland, the collection will be empty.

I think MS will fix this in the update coming this month (at the same update fixing the reboot problem)

jusatin

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
"The Nokia Collection content in Windows Phone 8 is set according to Settings for Language + Country/Region. To see the content of Nokia Collection, the phone Language need to be the same than Country/Region. The fix is driven by Microsoft, and will come at end of November 2012."
Does this mean that I can't use English as my phone language? And is this something Microsoft is fixing?

You just answered your own question in the quote :) "The fix is driven by Microsoft, and will come at the end fo November 2012." (So it should be out already?)

tranite

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
You just answered your own question in the quote :) "The fix is driven by Microsoft, and will come at the end fo November 2012." (So it should be out already?)

Yeah, it should be out but it is not yet. Hope it will be available soon, I hate the Norwegian translation of WP8. They've translated Web on the Bing search to Weben, and that's not even a Norwegian word.

Haha, I was not sure about it, that's why I asked.. :)

deuxani

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I too don't see the Nokia Collection anymore (English/Dutch). The thing is.... it worked before. I was always able to see the Nokia Collection or search for Nokia and see all the apps they've created (I installed Nokia Creative Studio a couple of days ago). Maybe the "fix" is to only show it when your phone language and regional settings are the same :S

Really... what are they doing with the Store with all those apps disappearing/reappearing. They know how import apps are for their ecosystem, so why are they creating such a mess? They might lose customers over this.

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
I too don't see the Nokia Collection anymore (English/Dutch). The thing is.... it worked before. I was always able to see the Nokia Collection or search for Nokia and see all the apps they've created (I installed Nokia Creative Studio a couple of days ago). Maybe the "fix" is to only show it when your phone language and regional settings are the same :S

Really... what are they doing with the Store with all those apps disappearing/reappearing. They know how import apps are for their ecosystem, so why are they creating such a mess? They might lose customers over this.

Have the same problem here. I am in Thailand and I am not Thai, so why the **** can't I change my regional format to US?? This is so stupid, even Nokia Thailand's website is in Thai so I can't even get the telephone number of their support division cuz guess what, it's all in Thai. There are non Thai people living here Nokia, get that into your heads.

When I first got my phone, it worked, I had Region as Thailand, and Regional format as US because if I put the Regional Format as Thailand the calendar is listed in Thai script. I was able to download all apps and such, but as I resetted yesterday, now the apps are gone.

tranite

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Come on! It's unbelievable! I really hope this will be fixed. But how come this has worked for people before and now suddenly it doesn't anymore?
It did work on my L900.. Stupid thing. Can't even use USA as my Country because then the Store won't accept my payment methods..

How come Nokia give this info when Microsoft don't even know about it?

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
So what happens if you just set it to English and region as UK, download the nokia apps, then switch it to German and region as Russia.

Do the apps still work? Cause thats a solution I can live with until this is fixed.

tranite

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
So what happens if you just set it to English and region as UK, download the nokia apps, then switch it to German and region as Russia.

Do the apps still work? Cause thats a solution I can live with until this is fixed.

Yeah, The apps do still work (I THINK! Haven't actually tried it :p) , they just disappear from the Store.. But all of Nokia Collection will disappear from Store..
It's just IF it gets fixed...

Last edited:

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Im thinking that will be fixed quite fast. It would make sense, since the lumia920 is spearheading wp8, and they wouldnt want to slip up too much right now. So Im quite positive at the moment.

aflourou

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, The apps do still work (I THINK! Haven't actually tried it :p) , they just disappear from the Store.. But all of Nokia Collection will disappear from Store..
It's just IF it gets fixed...

It will work but i am having another problem... i get an error code: c101a006 on pretty much everything i try to download...
why is this??
i live in UAE (Dubai) I have a UK outlook.com account, phone language is set to engllish UK, country to UAE and format to UK. if i change these settings i see different apps but still cant download anything??
i've tried lots of different variants but nothing.
help....

tranite

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
It will work but i am having another problem... i get an error code: c101a006 on pretty much everything i try to download...
why is this??
i live in UAE (Dubai) I have a UK outlook.com account, phone language is set to engllish UK, country to UAE and format to UK. if i change these settings i see different apps but still cant download anything??
i've tried lots of different variants but nothing.
help....

I got the same error yesterday, and I went into XBOX Games and it updated, after that I haven't seen the error anymore. Try that :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills