Just Ordered my Yellow Lumia 920 from Walmart. How long is their shipping delay?

spiffus

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Ditto. I got my eGift Card this morning while in church, even though my yellow Lumia 920 is backordered (I placed my order on 11/26).

I'm a bit hesitant to do anything with it, until my phone comes in. I was actually hoping that when I saw that email, that it meant that my phone had shipped. But, alas, 'twas not so.

I'm begging to think that yellow Lumias are like the Loch Ness Monster. Oft rumored to exist, with some photographs "proving" its existence, yet no one State-side has seen them! :grin:

Anthony80693

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
So I ordered mine on 12/2/12. Do you think they will ship out this week? Got an email from Matt Rothschild of Nokia saying they hope to have more 920s for Walmart Online through AT&T shortly. I hope this is true and I hope they include yellow ones.

spiffus

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I sure hope so. I've been emailing Matt Rothschild as well, and I emailed him again this evening because I didn't hear anything from Walmart Wireless last week, and it sounded like there was a possibility it would be in by the end of last week. So hopefully there will be some good news this week!

Hopefully.

akroy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
very interesting- i switched to the black phone from the yellow phone from walmart and it arrived the next day. the $100 gift card arrived a few days later and we spent it yesterday. today i recieved another gift card for $100 from walmart. the old card shows as being spent and the new card shows a $100 balance on the website. maybe i got a free bonus we will see. if it is valid i got paid $150 to order my phone from walmart.

Anthony80693

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey some people that are feeling the same pain as me! Im bookmarking this thread on my browser so I'm not lonely in this! lol No I don't want a black one. They keep offering me to switch but black is too boring I want a phone that will turn heads! Hey spiffus when did you order yours? I'm a little mad because I wanna know why Walmart was selling a phone they did not have in stock.

paneerakbari

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Anthony, I think what happened is that Walmart accepted orders on a product they believed they'd be able to re-order. Nokia admits to being "thoughful and deliberate" in their manufacture and distribution of phones, which is a kind way of saying that they intentionally constrained supplies and structured shipments in order to make it seem like the 920 is an incredibly popular handset that everyone must have. I don't believe that Nokia has been manufacturing anything but the black since before launch, and that has put a lot of ire on the retailers that accepted a lot of orders early on. Walmart's $100 gift card deal made it so customers were effectively getting paid to get the phone, and that hooed the demand they saw.

Having said all that, Walmart and Nokia have done a pretty poor job of managing expectations and customer complaints throughout this fiasco. As I told Nokia, after two months someone ought to be able to say more than "we're working on it".

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
We got two e-gift cards as well. One a couple days ago and one last night. We checked online and both appear to be valid..

Anthony80693

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Today walmart Wireless said they have NO colors of the 920 available as evident as there are none available to purchase as of right now. This is ridiculous. I dont know what to say. I think the successor to the current lineup will have come out by the time I get mine. Any new info from you other guys?

spiffus

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Nothing new on this end. I ordered mine on 11-26-12 (Cyber Monday). Still nothing from Nokia. Usually I get an email response from Matt Rothschild within two days, but nada. Rather frustrating, especially since I reactivated my home phone number so I could transfer that phone number to my Lumia (it's a number I've had since 1996 but dropped a few years ago and was still available).

It's quite annoying. I hope something happens soon, in a good way. The worst part is when you read that stores in China are getting batches of yellow (albeit only in limited numbers) and those of us who placed our orders months ago are still waiting.

whitneyjj

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Like everyone else I ordered my phones on black Friday and have yet to receive anything but the few walmart emails. I ordered a yellow and a blue and I've got nothing. I did get my gift cards though they sent me 4 but i'm not going to say anything.

Anthony80693

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't mind a cyan or red but Walmart has nothing. I blame Nokia more than anything. I see At&T, Walmart, Amazon, and Best Buy are all out of yellows and cyans. They keep releasing the 920 in a new country like every day it seems like but continues to alienate its customers that have been waiting about 2 months. We should have first dibs and it should be a first come first serve basis by date of order and then Nokia should launch the 920 country by country like Elop said. Im beginning to beleive the rumor I heard that will Nokia sending another shipment to America on Feb 19 more likely every day. I don't think I could wait that long.

Here's an interview of Elop where I got that "country by country" quote.

Anthony80693

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I got two emails from Matt Rothschild. First I asked of Nokia only being able to produce 600,000 Lumia 920s a month is true
Nokia Lumia 920 production analysis: 600,000 per month | BGR
and he responded "Hi there, I am not able to comment on our specifics monthly volumes here but we are working to ensure we can keep up with as much consumer demand as possible.Our products are manufactured across a global network of facilities."
Email #2 Again asking if Nokia was working with Walmart Wireless because as of right now they have no Nokia Lumia 920s of ANY color for sale. His response "Hi there - yes we are working with them every day. I will forward your name through to the team there and ask for an update."
So hopefully this means that good things will start happening soon and my wait and everybody elses wait will come sooner. I really dont want to pay AT&T $60 more dollars for a color I don't want.

Anthony80693

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Visceral Monkey Im not giving up hope man. I want my Lumia 920 Yellow for $39.99 not $99.99. I have 3 points that shed a ray of light on all of this.
1. Of course my email from Mr. Rothschild stating they were working with Walmart Wireless.
2. Nokia sees progress in resolving Nokia Lumia 920 supply issues | WMPoweruser
Read this article Nokia is easing production to cope with demand all over the world Elop said today.
and lastly 3. The Yellow Lumia 920 is back in stock yes back in stock on AT&T.com so that means Nokia IS working on gettingYellow ones to America.
Now if Only they would send some to Walmart. But at least to me all this points to a brighter future to all of us waiting.

DanBB1

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Visceral Monkey Im not giving up hope man. I want my Lumia 920 Yellow for $39.99 not $99.99. I have 3 points that shed a ray of light on all of this.
1. Of course my email from Mr. Rothschild stating they were working with Walmart Wireless.
2. Nokia sees progress in resolving Nokia Lumia 920 supply issues | WMPoweruser
Read this article Nokia is easing production to cope with demand all over the world Elop said today.
and lastly 3. The Yellow Lumia 920 is back in stock yes back in stock on AT&T.com so that means Nokia IS working on gettingYellow ones to America.
Now if Only they would send some to Walmart. But at least to me all this points to a brighter future to all of us waiting.

Looks like you are going to have to wait for a quite a while. Walmart doesn't seem to have any Lumia 920's for sale. Not even black ones. The good thing is cyan seems to be in stock at Amazon and yellow seems to be in stock at AT&T. If I were you I would just pay the 60$ difference. I'd be surprised if they would discount for a while, and even at 99$ it is still dirt cheap. Just order the yellow now while they are still in stock. Tomorrow they might be gone, and it could take again weeks or months until they are back in stock again.

DanBB1

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't mind a cyan or red but Walmart has nothing. I blame Nokia more than anything. I see At&T, Walmart, Amazon, and Best Buy are all out of yellows and cyans. They keep releasing the 920 in a new country like every day it seems like but continues to alienate its customers that have been waiting about 2 months. We should have first dibs and it should be a first come first serve basis by date of order and then Nokia should launch the 920 country by country like Elop said. Im beginning to beleive the rumor I heard that will Nokia sending another shipment to America on Feb 19 more likely every day. I don't think I could wait that long.

Here's an interview of Elop where I got that "country by country" quote.

]

I think you are wrong. As far as I understand, AT&T 920's are manufactured exclusively in Mexico and are not shipped to anywhere else in the world. It should have a little bit different radio too. The rest of the worlds Lumia's are made in China, and opening new markets should not affect the supply of US. Nokia just miscalculated/played safe the demand for AT&T.

Why cyan and yellow are out of stock? I don't know. Maybe they can manufacture only 1 type of colour at the time, or maybe they are out of raw materials for yellow/cyan. You have been waiting for 2 months? What colour and where did you order it from?

**AT&T Lumia 920 owners. Please correct if i'm wrong about the Mexico. Just a story that i've read.

paneerakbari

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I've waited for 2 months for Walmart or Nokia to give me a straight answer about availability or a timeline to availability. I spent those Walmart gift cards as soon as I got them and then cancelled my order with them. AT&T Premier appeared to have all colors of the 920 in stock and I was eligible to upgrade through them because of my employer.

Maybe once Walmart has lost some money and sales they'll be more apt to lean on Nokia to get something done. All respect to Mr. Rothschild, but "we're working on it" is not an adequate response this late in the game. I know they only sold 700k Lumias in the US last quarter, and I know they're playing from behind the 8 ball, but this kind of management is not going to turn that around.

Nokia needs to come through for its customers and make a commitment to fulfilling these orders. It needs to let us know when these phones are going out and, frankly, it needs to throw a little incentive in the mix to keep people on board. AT&T has 8X handsets on BOGO right now; it's not got the same features but it's available now at a reasonable price and HTC isn't a company circling the drain.

Anthony80693

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I heard that America's Lumias were made in Mexico too. I ordered mine on 12/2 with Walmart Wireless and I ordered a yellow one like the thread says. If I dont get it by February 15th or somewhere around there I will most likely buy one off AT&T and get the wireless charger since they should have some since supply is being anted up.

jasonnovak

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I ordered my cyan 920 from Walmart on 11/13. I noticed today my order status had gone back a step and order verification was no longer checked. Used online chat and they said they're in stock and would verify my order, and the phone would ship today.

On a side note, I also got the $100 gift card. I complained to them when they had to promo since I had ordered earlier, but said I would have to cancel and re-order and I didn't bother because I didn't want to go to the end of the line. I also got 2 card emails with different codes but I assumed only one would work. I see now people have been able to use both but I no longer have the emails ... will keep me honest I guess.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss