Toothpaste to repair scratches on your glass

electriclamb

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I tried toothpaste , Dish washing soup , Car Wax , guess what worked ... nothing ...

Any other homemade recipes you want to test out ?

might as well try super fine grit sand paper and water while your in destruction mode. Or a drimmel buffing tool if you have that lying around.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I actually shot the whole thing on video ... if I weren't too freaking sleepy and if they weren't so boring I would've uploaded them.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
There's a soup that washes dishes? Brilliant! Dinners should clean the dishes they're served on. ��

My previous signature clearly said... Any mistakes you find are the direct results of using Word Flow keyboards :D :D :D ... seem it was appropriate after all .

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Tried to use toothpase to get rid of a scratch on my display...

You will most likely need to replace the glass. I know of no way to recoat the glass. Maybe someone else will know of a fix other than replacement.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

hamzie11

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: Tried to use toothpase to get rid of a scratch on my display...

How do you think to yourself.. oh a scratch.. lets use toothpaste..
wow.. just wow

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Toothpaste doesn't really repair the scratch, it just removes the white coloring of the scratch, making it look better.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Toothpaste doesn't really repair the scratch, it just removes the white coloring of the scratch, making it look better.

People have been using toothpaste to repair damaged DVDs for years and afterwards they play like new again. I've done it myself. My kids are hard on them... :/ I would imagine if it makes scratched DVDs playable it's legit for screen scratches as well, although as one other post suggested it likely would remove the oleophobic coating, making your screen more prone to smudges, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720