Disable "Search" Capacitive Button?

meandu229

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys
The search button is disabled when your in Kids corner.
So I re purposed my kids corner as games corners so that this never happens.
Very useful

Doohickie

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
It's not just the search button, the main windows button activates in my pocket, like it's being held down. I believe what's happening is my leg is activating the button, through the pocket fabric...

Ummm... put it in sleep mode before you put it in your pocket.

Brad Spry

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
That's the funny thing, I do lock it before putting it my pocket...

Found an interesting setting under Settings > Applications > Search > "Allow search button from lock screen"

It was enabled, going to disable it now and test it for awhile.

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
under settings-->system-->touch after the amber update it says "sensitivity, wake up and windows keys"
but when I open it, I only have sensitivity and wake up.
I'm interested as to what the windows keys refers to?

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
under settings-->system-->touch after the amber update it says "sensitivity, wake up and windows keys"
but when I open it, I only have sensitivity and wake up.
I'm interested as to what the windows keys refers to?

Already an article on that, its a fault by Nokia but it Will be a setting in the future (also backlighting on and off)

Jun 10, 2016
Visit site
Re: Disable "Search" Capacitive Button? - YES Microsoft is DEAD!

As far as I am concerned Microsoft phone software development must be on a very restricted budget and shortly due to be discontinued. Why else would the company make such angry people from previously loyal happy users?

The Bing button is a f....ing joke! If we want to use the phone one handed, unless very long fingers, the back buttons needs to be on the right hand side and the bing button in the location that is harder to reach and seldom used. This seems so blindingly obvious to me on my third windows phone that it makes me believe that Microsoft have complete idiots or very low paid students designing their phones. The same people that will be using an IPhone or Android phone.

Even more annoying is that the buttons are not physical buttons so it would be easy to make a configuration settings to switch their positions. Of course for left handed people they will be happy with the location of the Bing button but not so happy with the location of the other buttons.

Worse still is the lack of double click to unlock, which makes me want to switch the lock screen to manual mode. BUT no manual mode available.

I upgraded my Win8.1 Lumia 1020 to the newer 950 because Microsoft backed our of their promise to provide a windows 10 update for the 1020.

Now that I have win10 on my phone I can see that windows 10 is a step backwards, a complete piece of crap provided by a company that I used to love but that I now realise is dying!

Bugger off Microsoft, you have wasted so much of my time. I feel so stupid being so loyal for so long just so that you can stock pile cash and **** on me.

I am giving you 4 weeks to produce a win 10 update at least with double click to clear the lock screen or I will be using my legal right to claim a refund to buy an ANDROID OR iPHONE and will NEVER EVER be a Microsoft customer again.

colnago_boy

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
Sir you are a genius!

My ¼" x ¼" elctrical tape is white so it also tells me which way up my phone is in low light! YOU are a STAR!! Thanks so much that button was driving me NUTZ!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234