Lumia 920 Mobile Network Connection Problem

Yellow Nokia Boy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys, I'm Loving the new Lumia 920 except for one showstopper issue.

I'm with Telstra is Australia and occasionally when I send and sms I get : "unable to send ... try again?" I try again and eventually it goes through.
Also I have had a few calls that fail to dial and I get "Call dropped " wtf ?
I suspect the phone is struggling to change between 2G and 3G. I have never been disconnected once I have successfully made the call.
I have had a windows phone 7 for 2 years prior to this and NEVER had this problem before.
Any suggestions appreciated, hope the hardware isn't a lemon, incidentally it is coloured like one :unhappysweat:

The helpdesk have been clever enough to suggest I reboot the phone and also take the sim out and reinsert it.

anon(5399450)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
On the Rogers network I am having connectivity issues as well. The phone will either have weak LTE signals (in areas that have strong LTE connection) or jump from 2g/3g/4g/lte/no signal in certain areas. Other users have reported similar problems as well on the same network. Sorry I don't have a solution to your problem but just saying that there are other reports of L920 connectivity problems on these forums as well.

Cormango

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I am also having the same issue with Rogers in Nova Scotia. I can tell you others are having similar issues. At first I thought it was Carrier Firmware, but now Im thinking it's either Nokia or Microsoft that will need to resolve the issue.

I also cannot send MMS while on 2G, at all. It fails 100% of the time.

anon(5399450)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if any of you guys have found a solution, but I will definitely be exchanging my phone on Wednesday with another L920 and hopefully that fixes the issue. I've got my fingers crossed so that hopefully this issue is fixed and that new ones don't arise. I will update on what happens.

fulnix

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Make sure you are set to Roam on cellular networks. Also I was having insane connectivity issues when I had Skype Beta and Words with friends installed. So remove both of those and see what happens. This was all experienced with AT&T on LTE in Chicago and various other towers (edge, 3G, 4G) including roaming in Northern Wisconsin (middle of bum-F nowhere) Many of us were having similar issues that seem to have subsided with the above settings. Let us know if it works down under as well :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss