Voicemail

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I am coming from Android world where I was using Google Voice to handle my voice mails. Another word, I was not using ATT voicemail program. The reason was that with ATT it actually dials a number and then you need to select appropriate options to listen to a voicemail. With Google Voice it was an icon on the screen that would open a nice voicemail player interface. No need to dial and select menu options. Is there anything like this in the W8 world? Or can I use the same Google Voice with my new 920?

Thanks

BCH

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
AT&T has visual voicemail on WP8. Set up your voicemail with a PIN. The first time you get a VM, you're prompted to enter a PIN. You only enter it once on the phone. Thereafter you can see all the VMs you've received. For each, you can play (speaker or earphone), pause, delete, look up contact, or call back. This interface is accessed from the phone tile, then swipe left.

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
AT&T has visual voicemail on WP8. Set up your voicemail with a PIN. The first time you get a VM, you're prompted to enter a PIN. You only enter it once on the phone. Thereafter you can see all the VMs you've received. For each, you can play (speaker or earphone), pause, delete, look up contact, or call back. This interface is accessed from the phone tile, then swipe left.

How do I get into it? Is there an icon for it?

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I have installed it. While testing it I am getting a prompt to leave a message from my Google Voice but the stock VM program shows a voicemail, not the Google Voice.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
It's possible, if you want, to manually setup your phone to use your Google Voicemail account too...

First, enable call forwarding from your phone by dialing:
*61* + Your Google VM number (This is Busy No Answer)
*62* + Your Google VM number (This is Reject Call)
*67* + Your Google VM number (This is Phone Out of Service, Off)

Next, go to Settings > Applications > Phone ... Set your Voicemail number to your Google Voicemail number. Now, every time you use the "Call Voicemail" option, it will use your GV account.

As for an app, well, I'd stick with the suggestions offered. I don't use GV, but I use this same trick to forward all my calls to my work voicemail account that gets dumped into my Exchange account. Works great.

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The easiest for me is ATT visual voice mail. It took me a couple of days to get it working, and if you cannot get it to work, you can probably call ATT. It is pretty slick, as you do not have to install any app. When you see you have a VM on the phone live tile, click on the tile, scroll one time to the left to see you voice mails, select the one you want and it will immediately play. As it plays, you will have controls like pause. It also listed the time and date of the voice mail. It is much easier than the old ATT voice mail where you had to dial in, listen to prompts, and press key.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte