Lumia 920 Freezing - I think I know why

Yakkob

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
My 920 has frozen three times now, and have had to hold the power button and the volume down button to fix it (hard reset).

Everytime it comes back up the time has been wrong, and there are a number of updates available from the store.

I'm not getting regular updates, so I think it's the store that's locking it up.

Anybody else getting the same problem?

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
It only happens to me in internet explorer. The only thing I can think that really sets it off is when I go back and forth between landscape and portrait mode. Unfortunately I have to use IE for my work website.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

perspicuity

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes, this problem has been happening to me a lot. Every time it was in a different app. Usually the phone is heating up quite a bit when it happens.

nic comino

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Here's my experience on Day 1 with the 920 : In Australia right now it's hot - very hot. After switching the phone on for the first time, it froze after about three minutes. Then it would freeze every thirty seconds. It would take about two minutes to respond again. This went on for about an hour. I then placed it on a cold pack from the freezer and it worked perfectly for a couple hours when I did all my downloading and setting up. As soon as I took it off the cold pack, it stopped responding within about three minutes. It's gone back for replacement. My carrier Telstra, has no more stock, I have to wait two to four weeks :( So heat has been the issue. I imagine that folks using the phone in the colder regions of the world aren't having the same problems. It's astounding to read now about so many problems with an incredibly beautiful and wonderful phone. What a shame! I hope my replacement works fullstop.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Nic: there are people in norway atm that have these hangups, so if its the heat its not much heat needed.

Personally I havent had it, but some norwegian users have reported it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism