My battery needs charging when i use my phone....

sudakoma

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
As the title says, when I use my phone I have to plug it in and charge it every night when I go to bed. Surely something must be wrong with it? Do you think I should email Mr Elop and get it replaced or do you guys think a fix will be released soon?

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I hear an update that is in the works where the lumia 920, due to its size, will be the first phone to be able to harness quantum vacuum fluctuations. Something about due to the mass being so large that such a large, local energy density spawning lots of electron-positron pairs and the Lumia being able to capture those electrons effectively charging the phone at all times. There is a reason why the phone was designed to be so massive.

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I have to fill my car with gas when I drive it. It's a bummer, but what can you do.

(honestly though, can you give some specifics on your issue, as that was a very vague and generic post about battery life.)

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
As the title says, when I use my phone I have to plug it in and charge it every night when I go to bed. Surely something must be wrong with it? Do you think I should email Mr Elop and get it replaced or do you guys think a fix will be released soon?

I'm glad you started a new thread about this, because it hasn't really been discussed enough on this forum. At last count I think we only had 14 other threads about the battery that you could have posted in. So, thanks for that.

TTarkasu

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I am having the exact same problem. I use my 920 all day surfing the web intensely, making an incredible number of phone calls and sending tons of text messages; heck I even use it as a GPS when I drive. But I just can't comprehend why I need to charge it at night. I'm thinking of returning it.

(It's really mind blowing what some folks expect from the 920). I switched from ios to WP8 and I'm enjoying every bit of the experience.

BotanicalStig

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Definitely something wrong with it. One of mine had an issue where the battery would get low every night. I exchanged it and I haven't charged it in over a week. It isn't something that's wrong with all 920's; nokia just got a few thousand bad batteries, Stephen confirmed this for me.

sudakoma

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad you started a new thread about this, because it hasn't really been discussed enough on this forum. At last count I think we only had 14 other threads about the battery that you could have posted in. So, thanks for that.

It just shows how easy it is to miss sarcasm on an internet forum if the /s is missing from a post.

I'm just tired of reading on here how some people think their phones are powered by a nuclear reactor! One guy the other day was actually complaining his battery was only lasting 15 hours before a charge! The charger is supplied in the box, learn how to use it, its sadly part of owning a modern smartphone. Once the wireless charging plates are freely available, most of these 'problems' will be a thing of the past.

Obviously some people are having serious issues with their battery and I feel for them but some of the posts about battery life are just ridiculous.

SinisterDuck

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
When I had lunch with Stephen the other day, I mentioned my battery problems, so he reached in his pocket and gave me his phone.

My only disappointment is it's not yellow.

But now I have Ballmer's cell number, so there's that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon