- 12-02-2012, 12:10 PM #1
For a couple of days now, I can not access any Nokia Branded apps (like Nokia Maps) on the marketplace. They are just not there, and the "Nokia exclusive" collection is plain empty. I found out that if I change my region to US or UK in settings, all apps are back there in the store. Also, I receive updates to these apps on US market, but not on my default regional setting.
Is this a common region limitation? For example, do you guys all have "Nokia Maps" in the market now?
- 12-02-2012, 12:44 PM #2
The system language has to be match your region, otherwise there would be problems about Nokia exclusive. When I setup my 920 first time, I set Chinese as my system language and United States region, and there were no Nokia Collections under the Marketplace. Then I tired to reset my phone and set English as system language and United States, Nokia Collections finally appeared under the Marketplace. Nokia claims that Microsoft will fix this problem at the end of November, but still not update yet. :(
- 12-02-2012, 12:49 PM #3
- 12-02-2012, 01:07 PM #6
Yep, I'm from TR but it seems that emptyy nailed it precisely. I use my phone with English interface language and Turkish region (since I need a valid credit card for selected region, I'd use UK or US if it was not the case). With these settings, I have no access to Nokia branded applications. If I choose Turkish UI + Turkey or English UI + United States, it just works fine. That means it's simply related to matching these settings.
Hope it gets fixed ASAP, I can not find my way through localised interfaces.
- 12-02-2012, 01:39 PM #8
- 12-02-2012, 01:51 PM #10
- 12-02-2012, 01:52 PM #11The Nokia Collection content in Windows Phone 8 is set according to Settings for Language + Country/Region. To see the content of Nokia Collection, the phone Language need to be the same than Country/Region. The fix is driven by Microsoft, and will come at end of November 2012.
- 12-10-2012, 10:49 PM #13
It's definitely Microsoft's problem, Nokia offers the Nokia Collections and Microsoft decides to push it or not. I think this will fix in the first update, or at least on the Apollo+ that will release on the first season of 2013.
- By Pixeldruids in forum App SpotlightReplies: 7Last Post: 05-11-2012, 01:04 AM
- By Gobble45 in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 7Last Post: 03-27-2012, 12:08 PM
- By cckgz4 in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 12Last Post: 11-09-2011, 11:43 PM
- By deadwrong03 in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 10-29-2011, 06:13 PM
- By cedarlog in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 4Last Post: 10-25-2011, 09:06 AM