Lumia 920/windows 8 or old Focus/7.5 mango

gnskelton

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've had a cyan Lumia on order since 11/10, but after reading on this forum about some of the problems and issues Lumias and WindowsPhone8 are experiencing, I'm thinking about cancelling and waiting for the bugs to get ironed out. My Focus with the Mango update works pretty well !! I guess its down to wireless charging or wireless syncing.

emptyy

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft will push a update on December or January call Apollo+, it will bring new features like notification center, WiFi stays on lock screen, and fix many bugs.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I have a Focus but the moment I can get a yellow 920 it's bye-bye Focus. But indeed I'd be worried about getting a bad unit.

dogfish54

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I think you have to remember that you are going to see ALL the problems here over millions of devices. Yes, some people have had issues, I am not one of them, but I think you'll find it looks a lot worse than it is.

Have you ever worked at a successful company and hear about all the issues from the inside? Wondered how they stay in business? The internet amplifies all these issues, and if you're not seeing them for EVERY other platform, including IOS, you're not paying any attention.

You'll hear all the bad stories and only a few of the good ones, that's human nature.

TwistedVIP

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Believe me I would keep your order and use the Lumia 920. I preordered the Lumia 920 the second it was available for preorder and got it in the mail even a day earlier than it was released. From that point until now I've loved just about every second of using the phone. In the past I used my iPhone 4 and 4S. The only problem I've experienced was it crashed on me twice so far with me using Bluetooth to connect to my headunit in my car. Besides that this phone has proven it's glory over every phone that has come into it's path. I cannot even count the number of people who have come upto me as well asking what phone that is and how amazing it looks. You will definitely not regret it!

Twisted

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I came from a Focus that I absolutely loved, but the Lumia 920 with Windows 8 leaves it in the dust. The screen is amazing and everything is way faster. Yeah, I have a few bugs, but I expect them to be fixed with OS and app update. I really like the larger display and the ability to increase the font size so reading messages is way easier with my eyes that are not as they used to be.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3