What kind of SIM card does the Nokia Lumia 920 require?

str8nyce

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know what kind of SIM card the Nokia Lumia 920 require? I'm not sure if it is a regular SIM card or a micro SIM card. Can anyone help me out on this? Thanks so much

jh20001

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Ya Micro. What sucks is your previous phone becomes useless if it uses a regular sim card since the new one won't fit in it. I've always considered my previous phone to be a "backup" in case I break the new one or it simply stops working for any given reason. Now I can't do it. My HTC Surround is NFG now because the sim won't work in it. I'd have to drive down to AT&T if I needed to use the old one and move my plan around again to the old chip until I get a new phone and do it all again. Defeats the whole idea of using sim cards because during this tech transition, it will be the same as having no sim card until we buy a few model generations into the new sim size.

What also sucks is now I can't bring my old Tilt 2 when I travel and use it as a hotspot where I need internet. It was never affected by AT&T tethering package requirement. So much for that luxury :)

buster471

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Here i France the phone companies has started to roll out a new kind of sim carte like this one: The new SIM card B & You can easily switch from mini to micro SIM SIM and vice versa via a repositionable SIM_DAE_600.jpg

jh20001

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Ya Micro. What sucks is your previous phone becomes useless if it uses a regular sim card since the new one won't fit in it. I've always considered my previous phone to be a "backup" in case I break the new one or it simply stops working for any given reason. Now I can't do it. My HTC Surround is NFG now because the sim won't work in it. I'd have to drive down to AT&T if I needed to use the old one and move my plan around again to the old chip until I get a new phone and do it all again. Defeats the whole idea of using sim cards because during this tech transition, it will be the same as having no sim card until we buy a few model generations into the new sim size.

What also sucks is now I can't bring my old Tilt 2 when I travel and use it as a hotspot where I need internet. It was never affected by AT&T tethering package requirement. So much for that luxury :)

...d**n....the make adapters? I like microSD to SD? I thought about it while typing it but thought to myself....I think sim cards are so small that...na...it'd make them too thick. Great, now I have to look for one and try it heh

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Well if you don't do the change it now, you will need to do it later on. My first phone with Micro sim was the N9, then iPhone 4S, Lumia 800, Nokia 808 PureView and now Lumia 920. All use MicroSIM.
It's the industry standard... other than for iPhone 5 naturally. ;)

And like mentioned you can buy plastic 2 dollar adapter from ebay. Got myself one when i changed my SIM for N9.

pieman666

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
If you get your sim cut down to a micro sim keep the 'waste bit' and you can use that as an adapter (as long as it was cut in one piece!)

wheresmybeaver

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I bought a microsim cutter off ebay that also came with a few plastic adapters for placing back into a regular full-sim phone, but I've not needed them since I could use the discarded bit that was cut off as a fine adapter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea