Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Zolotoy's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    223 Posts
       #1  
    On Android I use Call to call someone and Navigate to get directions. How do I navigate on W8 phone using voice?

    Thanks
  2. #2  
    So are you wanting turn by turn directions? On the Lumia line, there is Nokia Drive. I am not sure the other OEMs have turn by turn, unless you buy an app from the store. As far as you speaking to the phone and telling ti where you want to go, that is not yet supported.
  3. Zolotoy's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    223 Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by lordofthereef View Post
    So are you wanting turn by turn directions? On the Lumia line, there is Nokia Drive. I am not sure the other OEMs have turn by turn, unless you buy an app from the store. As far as you speaking to the phone and telling ti where you want to go, that is not yet supported.
    It's so strange. Microsoft has been asking us where do you want to go at least for 10 years and it is still not supported.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolotoy View Post
    It's so strange. Microsoft has been asking us where do you want to go at least for 10 years and it is still not supported.
    Speech to text, in general, is pretty poorly implemented in WP8. With iOS and Android touting this as a major feature I am quite shocked MS left it in the state that it's in.
  5. Zolotoy's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    223 Posts
       #5  
    So, there is no such a thing as a voice keyboard in W8? IN Android any time you bring a keyboard there is an option to dictate.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolotoy View Post
    So, there is no such a thing as a voice keyboard in W8? IN Android any time you bring a keyboard there is an option to dictate.
    There is, but only in certain instances, which is strange. You have the option while texting, writing an email, etc. Within apps, unless the developer adds the feature, it is not available.

Similar Threads

  1. Bing Maps Navigation and Voice Search
    By xmind in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-30-2012, 10:50 AM
  2. Using Voice To Update Facebook Status
    By TheWeeBear in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-26-2011, 12:31 AM
  3. Use Voice to Text to update Facebook and Tweet!
    By Fil Alleva in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-29-2011, 02:35 PM
  4. Use of phone without voice & data carrier
    By badpuppa in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-20-2011, 01:39 PM

Posting Permissions