Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Is there a way I can set kids corner so my child can just swipe to the left and go right into it without me needing to put my password in? My son, even though he is five, he's very responsible with "expensive" stuff so I trust him to just grab my 920 and play games but I hate that it requires a password. Can I set a different password for kids corner?

Thanks.
    Editor

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Unfortunately there isn't a way to disable the PIN for the Kids Corner while keeping it active on the main area. We touched on it a while back ago and hopefully this will be something Microsoft will address in the next update. There were some work around suggestions in the comments but none that I found to be really effective.
    George Ponder
    Reviews Editor - Windows Phone Central
    Email: george.ponder@wpcentral.com
    Twitter: @coppertop004

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    Odd, I just set up kids corner for the first time and when it asked me to add songs, apps, etc, it then asked me for a password and I just pressed the "skip" button and voila. no password.

At the lock screen, just swipe left, swipe up and never asks for a password.

edit. now that I re-read what the opp and the person above me wrote, I understand the issue. I dont have a password on my lock screen, so I didnt even think about that. my bad.
    Last edited by congusano; 12-04-2012 at 11:37 AM.
    Developer

PIN
    No
    After I set up Kid's corner, I went and disabled the lock screen password.
    I can now access it without a password without any issue.

Global Posts
    338 Global Posts
    MS has stated this is a known bug and there will address it, here's hoping its SOON lol

I think if they allowed a separate 4 pin password that I can set up for my son's kids corner, then that would be a great move, imo. Kinda like a "sub account" i guess.
    Why can't it be NO Pin for kids corner and Pin for regular phone.

Or

Have just one PIN entry screen, when one PIN is entered, it shows the regular phone if another PIN is entered, it shows the kids corner.

The reason we set a PIN is to safeguard the phone so that no one else reads the emails, messages or phone history. If I need to give that pin away in order to enable Kids Corner, I might as well not protect it. This is ridiculous.

Global Posts
    1,616 Global Posts
    I'm confused. If I swipe left, I get the kids corner. Swipe up, no password, kids corner opens. If I attempt to go back to the phone area, I get my password screen. Isn't that how it should act?

Maybe it's because I have my pw to come up after 30 minutes, not every time?
    Quote Originally Posted by jmerrey View Post
    I'm confused. If I swipe left, I get the kids corner. Swipe up, no password, kids corner opens. If I attempt to go back to the phone area, I get my password screen. Isn't that how it should act?

Maybe it's because I have my pw to come up after 30 minutes, not every time?
    Try setting a password for the device. Then click the power button for the screen to go blank. Now hand over the phone to your kid and watch what happens. Please update if your kid is able to get to the games without you giving him your password.

hi BrownxGobln,

i am using Lumia 820. to access Kid's corner we need not enter the password just by swiping to left you can access your kids corner. On My WP i am not providing any password to go to Kid's Corner.

Thanks.