Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Update: charged all night on the plate and it was fine I'll keep an eye on it. I wonder if there was something in the last update Nokia sent out that changed this. I noticed it the battery saver screen initially there was no line predicting how long the batter would last like on WP7.5. After nokia's last update this was back. That is also about the time my phone started acting funky. So fat after soft reset all is good on both the charging plate and stand. Anyone else notice this?

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I am experiencing the same issue where the light on the charger does not go off. Soft reset didn't have any effect on mine.

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    my l920 gets really hot when using the wireless charger but charges to 100%

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeynox View Post
    my l920 gets really hot when using the wireless charger but charges to 100%
    Mine charges to 100% but it doesn't turn off the light, keeps charging past it.
    Also, I just did a full factory reset and still having the issue.

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Update: mine inconsistently goes away. Sometimes it would do the long blink for a few times.
    So... are we certain the light is SUPPOSED to go off? I am not sure, which is why I ask, but I wouldn't think that the presence of the light necessarily means it doesn't stop charging.

Mine is on when charging, then flashes for a while, then goes out completely.

Normal charging, light goes off when battery is full.
    Nokia Wireless Charging Plate. User Guide - Charge your device - Nokia - USA

Long blink when battery is already full when you put it on the charger.
    Nokia Wireless Charging Plate. Troubleshooting - What do the different lights on my wireless charger mean? - Nokia - USA

Fast blink indicates charging problem.

Hope this helps.
    Thanked by:
    Quote Originally Posted by MNPSaint View Post
    Normal charging, light goes off when battery is full.
    Nokia Wireless Charging Plate. User Guide - Charge your device - Nokia - USA

Long blink when battery is already full when you put it on the charger.
    Nokia Wireless Charging Plate. Troubleshooting - What do the different lights on my wireless charger mean? - Nokia - USA

Fast blink indicates charging problem.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks for this.

So then here is the next question... if the light doesn't turn off is this a fault with the handset or is it a fault with the charger?

Global Posts
    1,331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lordofthereef View Post
    Thanks for this.

So then here is the next question... if the light doesn't turn off is this a fault with the handset or is it a fault with the charger?
    I came up with a theory yesterday...hmmmmmm. I think it is the fault of the phone software.

I think the light on my charger wouldn't go out because of a certain App I was running (I do not know which one however)... Put the phone on the charger yesterday, and eventually (after ~3 hrs) it was fully charged and the light slow blinked for a while, maybe 5 minutes that I notice.. But eventually the slow blink would stop and it became a full light again.

Anyway, over night, I took the phone back off the charger and just had it sitting by itself. Well, it died in the 7 hours I was sleeping. COMPLETELY died, down to the "Red Battery of Death" died.

So, my theory...I was not getting the light blink because some app was running in the background and eating up power like NOBODY'S business. It was basically eating it nearly as fast as it could charge it...so the phone wasn't staying at 100% very long and it would need to top up again. No idea what was running that killed it that fast...maybe Skype that I had opened up the day before? The phone has been on the wired charger at work for the last 2 hours, nearly charged up.
  11. knp

My phone does't power on at all :'( I tried turning it off but it is dead.. any suggestions as to what can I do here?? I tried calling my number to see if I get calls but no.. nothing.. it is not working.. :(

Just hold Vol-down+Power for about 10 seconds and the phone should vibrate.

Yea i think we can conclude it's either the software's fault or my phone is defective (which i think it is it has like every single problem listed LOL) because i just changed to a different charging plate and even if the battery's at 100% the white light still stay always lit

Global Posts
    9,204 Global Posts
    I can confirm another user that just got their charging plate and the light goes off as it should. I wonder if maybe the early batches had an issue possibly.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I can confirm another user that just got their charging plate and the light goes off as it should. I wonder if maybe the early batches had an issue possibly.
    My replacement phone is having this issue where the light on the plate stay lit even when the battery is 100% already, my original phone didn't have this problem. You're right, could be hardware issue.

Global Posts
    9,204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marveldave View Post
    My replacement phone is having this issue where the light on the plate stay lit even when the battery is 100% already, my original phone didn't have this problem. You're right, could be hardware issue.
    This starts to push me to thinking it's a plate issue.... thanks for posting!

CONFIRMED - same issue here.
    Quite a number of small Lumia issues adding up ... in addition to the random freeze and reboots. Annoying!

I had to take my 7 years old SonyEricsson (dumb phone) from the garbage, and bring it with me on my business trip before Christmas - my new smart-phone wasn't smart enough ...

The charging plate and the phone are totally two independent systems. The charging plate has no knowledge of the phone and apps running on the phone. If fact the charging plate can be used with other Qi compatible devices.

I have found the battery indicator an estimate of the charge left on the phone and not 100% accurate reflection since the software on the phone only trys to determine how much power is left in the battery.

I would not worry about the the charge light being on even though the phone is showing otherwise, the light is the best indicator that the battery has fully charged or not, as it will detect no more current is able to pass through the battery and auto switch off, as I have had this happen to me too. The light indicator turns off approx 30-40 mins after the phone indicator has stopped flashing.

When I first got my lumia I used it until the battery was totally dead i.e unable to switch it on. I found even when it auto switches off 'Goodbye' message I was able to switch the phone back on after 30mins and it would last for about another 1hr. I then fully placed the phone on the charge plate, it will auto switch off and on several times as the phone battery is starting from zero power and will take 2-3 mins to wake. I then leave it to charge until the charge light turns off.

I repeated this process several times, and found battery life greatly improved. I am guessing a complete drain of the battery and 100% charge and repeating this 2-3 times somehow refreshes the 'internal battery charge memory' and 'primes' all of the charging cells.

I am getting consistent 35hrs between charges (light and moderate usage, no background apps apart from Nokia drive)

Global Posts
    1,331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maceo3121 View Post
    I am getting consistent 35hrs between charges (light and moderate usage, no background apps apart from Nokia drive)
    That is just crazy! Great times. I wish the battery apps had some sort of "on time" calculation, because that would be a great way to actually calculate what "light usage" is to someone (light to me is only having an on time of ~5 minutes a hour...to others, "light usage" might be having an on time of ~15 minutes an hour).

Currently, I use Battery Status. They just added a "Full Charge" timer and an "average time between charges" has always been there, I am getting about 19 hours from a full charge, I was "15 hour between charges" (charging in the car really kills that, especially if we are out shopping and the car is on/off every 20 minutes.)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12