Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

As the title indicates, even when the battery is 100% the white LED would stay lit and the back side of the phone would be warm. This is such an inconvenient as I have to remember to take the phone off the plate when it's full because I don't want damage from overcharging. In fact I notice that my battery life has been shorter lately...

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Is anything running in the background? If the processor is still working, it'll be draining power and constantly charging.

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    How long have you left it on the charger once it was full? I notice that the light on mine will turn off after a while and I am assuming once it's turned off then it means the battery is actually full and in trickle charge mode.

i leave it for an hour after 100% and the light still lit phone still warm so i took it off in fear of overcharging
    there is nothing running in the background data is off

yeah, mine is doing the same thing, it cant be that harmful id imagine but im going to leave it on wired charge for the night and set it on the wireless tomorrow and see what it reads. After a full night of wired charging the light should stay off or start doing a long blink thing.

Global Posts
    1,222 Global Posts
    Mine shuts off when full and then a little bit I will come on for a little and shut off again.

Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    The manual says the light should turn off when the phone is charged, which it did the 1st couple of times I used it but now the light just stays on.

Quote Originally Posted by irvin792 View Post
    Mine shuts off when full and then a little bit I will come on for a little and shut off again.
    Mine does the same as above.

I have an off-topic question:
    Does the wireless recharging is dangerous ? Let me explain if i use this wireless recharging near where i sleep can electromagnetic waves make headache to me?

Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    These waves are way too weak to have any affect on you.

You'd probably be safe sleeping on the plate. haha
    -Chances are, I'm guessing.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rainmanin View Post
    I have an off-topic question:
    Does the wireless recharging is dangerous ? Let me explain if i use this wireless recharging near where i sleep can electromagnetic waves make headache to me?
    Yes, the gamma radiation will probably turn you into the Hulk.

Neither the light on my charging plate or charging stand ever turn off even though my batter is at 100% :(

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by socialcarpet View Post
    Yes, the gamma radiation will probably turn you into the Hulk.
    That would be a relief. Then I would have the strength to be able pick up the phone--without the use of the steroids I've been taking.

i left my phone on wired charge all night and just put it on the wireless charger and the lights still on. Its probably software in the phone not communicating right

Global Posts
    546 Global Posts
    So far mine is working fine. I haven't really noticed if the light is on or off after it's been at 100% for a while, but once it is fully charged the back is cool when I pick it up. (Unless it JUST finished reaching 100%).

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by James8561 View Post
    As the title indicates, even when the battery is 100% the white LED would stay lit and the back side of the phone would be warm. This is such an inconvenient as I have to remember to take the phone off the plate when it's full because I don't want damage from overcharging. In fact I notice that my battery life has been shorter lately...
    You will not see a decrease in battery capacity this quickly, just by leaving it on the charger too long.

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Mine wasn't working and was getting very warm. Soft reset and it's now working fine. Something must be screwy with the phone notifying the pad that its done charging. I did the soft reset when the phone was at 100% I'll keep any eye on and see if that solves the issue.

Global Posts
    1,330 Global Posts
    What was the soft reset again?
    You talking about just the power button of the Volumn rocker + power or whatever the other one is?

Global Posts
    9,204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by electriclamb View Post
    yeah, mine is doing the same thing, it cant be that harmful
    Just to be clear the increased heat will lead to shorter life of Li-Ion batteries

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Soft reset is power plus volume rocker down...just continue to hold both for ~10-15 seconds until you feel a vibrate then release. So far I haven't had issues with the phone over charging on either the stand or standard charging plate after the reset. I'm sure this is a software issues with the phone not a hardware issue with the plates. Hopefully Nokia is either aware of this or watching the forum closely :)

Mine's been sitting on wireless chargers all the time (I have one on my bed stand, my phone stays on it all night. And one on my desk, well, it stays on it when I'm working). When it gets full, the light goes off, sometimes goes back on for a couple of seconds. If I pick it up and check something any lay back, light goes on and stays that way for 5-10 minutes. In any case, phone does not heat up around full charge, only when it's charging from lower percentages.

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Had my Lumia 920 on the wireless charger overnight. The light never went off. I checked the phone and the battery was showing as full with the plug icon over it which show that the phone thinks it is fully charged. I then pulled the phone off the charger and put it back on and I did get the long blink that the manual says will happen when the phone has a full charge, but the light stayed on. I wonder if Nokia changed something in one of their Extras+Info updates. It seems to be working fine, but the light just never goes out.

Charging doesn't stop when you have the phone plugged into an ac outlet. That sounds like a firmware thing. Not many devices are programmed to switch to the battery or turn off once they have reached a full charge.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    On my 7.5 device I click the power button to actively **** off the screen to make sure it doesn't stay on all night
    Developer

I would imagine that it is on your phone to stop the charging. The charging circuit in the phone should stop the flow of current when the battery is charged on the plate just like it should when your phone is plugged in. Lithium-ion batteries do have a disadvantage in the fact that they can catch fire if they are overcharged. Several companies/products have made the news for this in recent years.
    Xbox Live Gamertag: DanSmithKY
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast