Ultimate Video/Audio Recording Test

happynoodleboy

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
So I attended a Lamb of God concert on Saturday night and decided to see just how good the 920 was at recording video and what the audio would end up like. Needless to say I am VERY impressed. The video turned out very clear and almost looks like it was on a tripod for most of the video. I had the phone held above my head with one hand for the whole video and even when getting bumped into and pushed the there still isn't much movement. And no my arm didn't get tired from holding such a heavy phone above my head for that long... :wink: Enjoy.

Lamb of God - Fillmore Detroit (Lumia 920) - YouTube

Last edited:

sleewok

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm impressed. I don't think I've ever seen a "phone recording" from a rock concert come close to this quality (sound/video). I'm shocked at how easy it is to watch.

dacarter77

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Hate the "music" but amazing quality for a smart phone. Not a lot of top end in the audio, but it handles the high volume better than my $2000 Sony HD camcorder.

Fred Garvin MP

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm not a fan of LoG, but it definitely is a great test of a recording device that, I think, would have challenged most "regular" camcorders microphones etc. - and the 920 did a fantastic job!
Not only did it do a great job dealing with the lighting situation, but I think I could actually hear his vocal chords shredding into pieces ;)

lita_g

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I was at an Everclear concert this weekend and I thought the sound sucked at the venue, I mean, I was having a hard time listening to the lyrics and whatnot (wearing earplugs of course, it was worse without them). But the video I got of the show came out so good, and the sound was so much more clear than what I heard, lol. Love the Lumia.

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
When you wrote "Lamb of God concert" I was expecting something along the lines of "Up With People." Dear Heavens!

The video and audio quality is quite impressive.

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Did you have the auto focus on? I ask because you didn't seem to have the constant refocus and white balance issues I've seen with other recordings?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon