Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By ZombieBacchus
  • 1 Post By andrewkeith5
  1.    #1  
    Gizmodo poll for smartphone of the year. The 920 is leading big time right now so let's all make sure it stays that way.

Gizmodo Awards 2012: Vote On Your Favourite Mobile Phone | Gizmodo Australia
    Thanked by:
    SnailUK and holyxiaoxin like this.

81% for the 920...I have to say as an advocate of Windows Phone for years now, that feels good, and not what I expect from these polls normally...
    Do you long for a little app that would change your day? Let me know!

holyxiaoxin likes this.

Loving the fact Nokia 920 is kicking some major arse! 82% and ticking ahead :)

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    LOL WTF it's not even a close fight :))

I bet its only because the rest of the world hasn't seen this poll yet. Once the Android/iOS forums start seeing this, it'll get a lot more interesting.

Added my vote for the 920, an amazing phone.
    Bumping this thread!

Though I did vote for the 920 its a pretty biased poll. Unless you have used one of the other devices listed your going to have no idea whether they are better/ worse / etc.
    Support your third-party developers. There just about all we have...

Doing this makes the poll pretty much pointless. Sadly.
    Maybe if it were a more respectable site. Gizmodo is what I call "scumb of all sites". Biased and very very ignorant to anything outside of Apple
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT

Eh, Ive had a few of those, I still picked Lumia 920. However, it certainly isnt representable of the population at large, or iphone would top the chart, as its the most sold phone.

HOWEVER I think Android people are more likely to even visit Gizmodo, as I have a theory that Androids topend-phone users have far more "tech-heads" in their group than the iphone.

So Android might pull ahead.

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    you can keep revoting on that poll if you click on return to poll and vote again, you'll see the total number on the phone you voted go up by 1. i wonder if that was intentional?

wonder .. why lumia score so high ..... it makes the statistic is not logical.
  14.    #14  
    Not a fan of Gizmodo but any poll where I can vote for the 920 I certainly will. Such a great phone deserves all the recognition it can get even from lame sites as Gizmodo.

you clearly have never set foot onto BGR's websitre
    Quote Originally Posted by gsquared View Post
    Though I did vote for the 920 its a pretty biased poll. Unless you have used one of the other devices listed your going to have no idea whether they are better/ worse / etc.
    Correct, this isn't a poll for what is better, but rather a poll to see what Gizmodo Australia readers prefer. In that sense, it is not biased, per se, it is just representing data slightly different from what it claims to. At the end of the day, what matters is what sells.

I can't see the poll results. Is it my browser?