Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

When I create my cinemagraph .gif and check my camera roll, it just displays as a single framed picture. From the camera roll, I have the option to open it in cinemagraph, where once again it plays as the .gif but has no options to upload/share it. So, how do I upload the .gif into imgur or twitter/facebook from my phone or will I have to use my laptop?

I tried to save the picture from my camera roll to my skydrive where it said that the picture was still a .gif type, but when I downloaded it from skydrive and tried to upload the image to imgur, it failed once again. Please help!!

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    The problem is (1) Facebook doesn't support animated gifs and (2) Imgur supports animated gifs up to 2MB in size. Cinemagraph usually makes larger file sizes (around the 10MB mark) so you can't upload them and make them function correctly. If you want to showcase your work, you'll probably have to link to your SkyDrive folder for the time being.

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    edit them to 2mb and they upload to imgur

Am I supposed to see the .gif playing on my skydrive? It says its a .gif type to the right of the picture, but the actual picture is showing no animation. Also, the size of my picture is only 256 kb, does that mean I failed somewhere already even though it says its a .gif type on the description of picture?

Some of the stuff it says on skydrive below...

Type
    GIF Image
    Dimensions
    448 x 800
    File name
    WP_20121128_17_47_28_Cinemagraph (1)
    Size
    256 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Adlai91 View Post
    Am I supposed to see the .gif playing on my skydrive? It says its a .gif type to the right of the picture, but the actual picture is showing no animation. Also, the size of my picture is only 256 kb, does that mean I failed somewhere already even though it says its a .gif type on the description of picture?

Some of the stuff it says on skydrive below...

Type
    GIF Image
    Dimensions
    448 x 800
    File name
    WP_20121128_17_47_28_Cinemagraph (1)
    Size
    256 KB
    The only way I could view the animation in Skydrive was to click on "view original" up at the top menu bar (between Download and Share). I was also wondering about Facebook, so now I know that is out of the question. I guess I'll just share my gifs under a public folder.