Zooming video

lita_g

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I have not yet figured out how to zoom in while recording a video, I looked through this forum with no success either, but I apologize if it's been discussed previously.
So far all I have noticed is I can tap on the screen to start or stop the video recording, and I can zoom in/out before the recording starts, but I don't know how to adjust the zoom while recording.

I'd appreciate it if you guys can help me figure this one out.

Thanks!

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I have not yet figured out how to zoom in while recording a video, I looked through this forum with no success either, but I apologize if it's been discussed previously.
So far all I have noticed is I can tap on the screen to start or stop the video recording, and I can zoom in/out before the recording starts, but I don't know how to adjust the zoom while recording.

I'd appreciate it if you guys can help me figure this one out.

Thanks!

I'm not sure it is possible. Would be a nice feature though

MaxPower203

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, there is no zoom while recording. But, to be honest, you really aren't missing anything. The Lumia 920 using digital zooming. What that means is the screen just zooms in on the digital image/video on your screen which is why it looks slightly pixelated. (Unlike an optical zoom while acts like a telescope so your image is clearer.)

If it's any consolation, you can apply a digital zoom to your video with any halfway decent post-processing software.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I was at an event where my daughter was out cheerleading with the junior high squad and I recorded it with my Lumia 920. Actually, I let my five year old son record it since I know the stablization on the 920 would compensate for his shaky hands. He never dropped it, but because I didn't consider distance you can hardly make out my daughter in the video, but he keeps up with the half-time performance and spots her about five seconds in. I have jittery hands so whenever I shoot video I have to hold my breath, lock my elbows together or find a tripod. I used my wife's Galaxy S III and I was able to zoom in on my daughter. Pixelated? Yes. However it served its purpose for my family members who were late to see the performance.

The utility of zooming while recording video shouldn't be discounted just because the end result would be less than stellar. I do have to admit, though, that I would have normally had my camera with me if I planned this all out ahead of time but I didn't. This is where a smartphone with a capable camera comes in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven